Home Search #3

August 22, 2013 by 21 Comments

Ready for another Dreamy Dwelling Home Tour!?!   I’m sharing our Top Three choices in out hunt for a newish, one story, traditional home.  In case you’ve missed the series so far, here’s House #1 and House #2.  What do you think?!!  Was one of these our pick or is it Home Search #3?!?

Shop-for-House-3-@ItsOverflowing

Right away this house felt newer and seemed to be better maintained than the other two homes.  Out of the three homes, this was the best value price/sq.ft.  It is the same size as House #2.  It has 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3 living rooms, 2 eating rooms, a 3 car attached garage, a large pool, and a HUGE backyard.  It’s located a little further away from the major highway Stud uses for work, but it is a neighborhood known for having lots of children and is only four blocks from the elementary school and six blocks from the middle school.  Check it out…

Here's home search #3 in our hunt for the perfect house.  Which do you think we picked -- 1, 2, or 3?!! @ItsOverflowing

The entry to this home speaks volumes about the house throughout.  1. The owners LOVE faux finishes!  2. Natural light illuminates every room.   The hardwood floors are a dark brown color through most of the house.

-24

This is the living room and sort of the hub of the home.  It separates the bedrooms, dining room, kitchen, and family rooms.  And behind the sofa is a wall of windows that showcases another real pretty backyard.

The dining room is being used as the office by the current homeowners.  I can see this working for a family with one junior higher, but with my three sweeties running every which way through the house, this room would definitely be a traditional dining room.

The trim in here is very pretty, but a new light fixture would be a must.

The dining room connects to the kitchen.  The kitchen has nice cabinets that would eventually need to be re-stained or painted!?!   The owner is offering an appliance allowance for this kitchen – not much, but every little bit helps.

Similar to House #1, this kitchen opens to the family room, but because of one angled wall, it doesn’t have quite enough space for an island.

The floors, textured walls, and ceiling fan are really hard on the eyes, but if I focus on the trim, I do like this setup.

The family room has a nice fireplace and is more spacious than the other two family rooms.  On the wall to the far left of the below picture, a built-in would be a total MUST!

How many of you have a sauna inside your home!?!  Thankfully this house doesn’t come with one either.  The paper says it will be going with the owners.  This would be my office/guest room.  It’s not a large room, but the closet does have quite a few shelves.

-21

Past the office, there’s one set of stairs in this house that leads to the media/kids room.  This room is the same size as the front living room, has a closet for storage and another door that leads to the walk in attic that is floored and ready to be used for major storage.

-16

-17

The master bedroom is a good size…

-2     -10

And the master bathroom and closet are roomy and clean.  (Painting the walls is a given).

-11

The windows here are actually glass blocks, but they’ve been framed.  Interesting.  And the door to the left of the shower is a small opening with a folding door — if Stud or I were to get any bigger we’d have to use the toilet in the hall bath.  Jacuzzi tub = score.

The boys would need to switch back to their bunks for this room.  Their room in the rancher was the same size as the master bedroom in the rancher.  The closet has double doors that open to a large space.

-19

Jack and Jill Bathroom

-18

This would be Little B’s room.  The closet it is the bathroom and is a huge walk-in closet.

-20

Enough about rooms and closets, right!?  Here’s the backyard.  The homes on either side are half of an acre and this home is just a little larger than that.  The house behind is an acre lot, primed and ready for a large upscale home.

-14

Beyond the pool and patio is a large backyard with plenty of room for the boys to play a game of baseball.  That’s a lot of grass that would need to be mowed!

-15

And last, but not least, the side view.  This house has a long driveway with a three car garage.  Plenty of room for a basketball goal.

And that’s it for House #3

Any thoughts, opinions, comments, guesses!?!

More fabulous House Tours (here).

Comments

21 Responses to “Home Search #3”
  1. Diana says:

Ok here we go. This house seems to be laid out nicely and the backyard is wonderfully arranged. The front needs flowers there isn’t any color. The walls are ….. well they will need to be painted. No worries there since, you guys can handle that. There are lots of windows so that you get plenty of light, love that. I still like house 2 better, but if this one is much cheaper, and it does have good bones pick this one and fix it with paint! Can’t wait to hear which one you picked.

2. They’re all great! I can’t wait to see which one you picked too.

3. Carrie A. says:

I still love house #2 the best. :) However, this home isn’t bad… I would want an island in the kitchen… too funny about the sauna!

4. Andrea says:

What a lovely home! The faux wall paint/textures are not desirable, but not a deal breaker either. The kitchen cabs could easily be done in the right shade of white. This is a pretty nice place for being the lowest price per sqft. I am tied between house #1 and #3. Can’t wait for the reveal!

5. RaNae says:

This is definitely not your home IMHO the kitchen isn’t big enough! And living in DFW metroplex myself there is great value in large lots and green-space. Gonna go look at the other two again When I saw the #1 a few weeks back I thought it was yours for sure till I got to the pool… Heading off to look again.

6. House #2 for sure. This one is very generic, cracker box. Small rooms (it would seem), terrible kitchen layout with the half wall cutting off the family room. The bathrooms all need a facelift. Only thing I like about this one is the backyard (but that pool would need some work).

7. Amanda says:

I’m leaning toward House #2, but at least the owners of House #3 are Red Raiders!!!

8. Well, we can’t wait to see which one you are going to make your home !

One thing I will say about this kitchen, is about the lack of an island. Islands are really popular these days, but sometimes in certain kitchens, they can be in the way. Like, if you have to walk around the island to get to the appliances across the kitchen. It all depends on the layout, but if a kitchen is laid out, nicely, you don’t really need one.

Soooo, when do we find out your final choice? :-)

9. Julia @cuckoo4design says:

I think I changed my mind. Love this one ;)

10. Suzi says:

we DO have a sauna! but ours my husband built himself and it is not free standing like this one. it is also accessed from outside on our back porch off the pool and inside some french doors to a small room. this space also contains all our boat/fishing/pool gear. there is a operable window in the sauna and its door is glass. so when you are inside you see the yard and pool since i have a touch of claustraphobia. there is an outside (private) shower just behind the sauna area. you would never know about the sauna unless we took you into the boat room to show you. i have had brides host breidesmaid gatherings here & they hire someone come to do massages and another for facials & they set up the tables outside with views of the water. then get mani/pedis, use the sauna, jump in the pool, shower and dress. they have had a boat come to the dock, pick them up and take them for dinner & drinks.

11. ashlee says:

You HAVE to get House #2!!!! It’s a dream! None of the others compare to it (in my opinion of course) Cant wait to hear which one yall picked and see it updated!

12. Petra says:

Personally, I like the look of #1 house – it seems cute, and I like the brick floors and shutters! However, houses can be painted and walls knocked down etc etc but location cannot be changed and I think that you’ll weigh the houses up based on their location! :-) Can’t wait to see which one you’ve chosen!

13. angie farquhar says:

House #2!!!!

14. Amy says:

Another vote for #2!!

15. Jenna says:

I think I like #2 better, but I’m sure it’s hard to tell from just photos. Something about 2 had a more exciting vibe than #3. Good Luck!
    Jenna

16. Another great house! I LOVE that pool! Can’t wait to see the final choice :) Life to the full! Melissa

17. Traci says:

I am glad I’m not the one making the decision. They are all three beautiful homes but I think I would pick Number 1.
    Can’t wait to see which one you and your family have chosen.

18. Bliss says:

I had to come back and look again now that I know what one you picked. This looks excellent for your family, a very exciting time!

19. Suzi says:

this was my pick too!

20. Looks nice! Lots of potential!