Everything in its Place

September 30, 2013 by 17 Comments

We closed recently on our new-to-us Traditional Home.  We loved our Rancher, but for many reasons — school needs for our kids, long term career goals for Stud, and a desire to live in a more picturesque, slower-paced town — we threw a ‘for sale by owner’ sign in the yard and prayed all the details would come together!  God surpassed all of our dreams.  Don’t pinch me because if I’m dreaming I don’t want to wake up — setting up this home is a total treat!

Gray Owl Paint @ItsOverflowing 6

I thought it’d be fun to share a month of organization ideas and inspiration all in one place!  And If you’re a bit of an overachiever, check out my free online photography course (here) — it has helped LOTS of readers get their SLR camera off auto.

1  – How to Declutter a House.

How to Declutter Your House @ItsOverflowing

2  – Get it Organized – Magazines.

Sorting and Organizing Magazines 2- ItsOverflowing copy

3  – Tips for Organizing a Desk.

Organzing-a-Desk-ItsOverflowing-12

4  – What to do with Your Clutter.

What to Do With Your Clutter @ItsOverflowing

5  – Working through the Papertrail.

6  – A Small Space. – House Tour

7  – Repurposing a Room.

Boys Bedroom Makeover @ItsOverflowing 3

8  – Organize the Playroom.

Organizing-Playroom-@ItsOverflowing

9  – Book Storage Solutions.

Creative-Book-Storage-Solutions

10 – Labeling Toy Baskets. – Printable

Toy Labels @ItsOverflowing

11 – How to Get Organized with Labels.

How-to-Get-Organized-Using-Labels-@ItsOverflowing

12 – Organized Eclectic Design. – House Tour

13 – Pantry Organization.

Kitchen Pantry Organization Ideas @Its_Overflowing

14 – Storing Snack Foods.

Pantry Organization @ItsOverflowing

15 – Container Store in My Kitchen.

Container Store in My Kitchen @ItsOverflowing

16 – Organizing Magazine Recipes.

recipes+to+try+main+image

17 – Cleaning Out the Refrigerator

Kitchen-Refrigerator-Organizing-and-Cleaning-ItsOverflowing

18 – Organized Designer. – House Tour

19 – Underbed Storage Solution.

20 – How to Fold a Fitted Sheet.

Easy Steps to Fold Sheets ItsOverflowing

21 – Sorting the Linen Closet.

organized linen closet

22 – Morning Checkoff List. – Printable

Morning Schedule for School Kids

23 – Cozy Rancher. – House Tour

24 – Keep Receipts Organized.

Organize Receipts @ItsOverflowing

25 – Best Organized Wallet.

Organizing Wallet @ItsOverflowing 4

26 – An All-Purpose Closet.

Organizing Hall Closet ItsOverflowing

27 – Beautiful. – House Tour

28 – Shoe Storage Solutions.

Container Store Shoe Storage@ItsOverflowing

29 – Organizing Coupons & Gift Card.

How Do I Get Organized - Coupons and Gift Cards

30 – Country Living. – House Tour

31 – A Great Packing Plan (Moving Tips).

Useful-Moving-Tips-@ItsOverflowing

And BONUS –

12 Ways to Simplify Life – Free Printables

How to Simplify Life @ItsOverflowing

“Organizing is what you do before you do something,

so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.”  – A.A Milne

31 Days of Organizing My House

Organized @ItsOverflowing

Comments

17 Responses to “Everything in its Place”
  1. Rebecca says:

As someone who is constantly learning how I need more organization (and/or discipline!), I am looking forward to reading your series, Lord willing & should He tarry! :)

• Aimee says:

Yay! I love it when the timing is perfect Rebecca! You are so right…it’s a blend of discipline and organization for sure!!! I hope that you gleam a bit from this series and are better off for it!!! Happy to have you!!! XO, Aimee

2. Juju says:

Aimee~

I love how timely this series is for me, so I posted it for my readers so they could follow along with you!

Blessings, Juju

3. I so love this! This is my mantra and I can’t wait to see what you do with it this month! Yeah!

4. What a fun series and great challenge! I could use this challenge myself and I have been in our home for over 5 years :)

5. Diana says:

I’ll be following this everyday and repeating the process. One thing I am terrible at is organization. I try, but I always have some project happening and everything ends up messy. Whoa is me…. but I’m up for the challenge.

• Aimee says:

How’s it going so far!?! I totally understand, projects end up messy for me, too! It’s just how long we let that mess stick around! I’m in the process myself of trying to get rid of messes! This new house has NO storage. Come on and build my storage solutions Stud!!! XO, Aimee

6. oh yes, the quality control rule of all industries says
    A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE if it works for large manufacturing companies it should work well for our “Home Environment” so to speak…. I often think, which items and things in my home always always end up exactly in the same place, and then others do not, just depending on what else goes on in my life. Personally I think you are doing the right thing to start that rule at the beginning of moving into a new
    home, it’s easier then….
    I am curious about your decisions, and I am working on my home I have been living in
    for “eternity” a really really long time….and I hope that some of your ideas can be implemented in a long lived in home, by going from room to room and making lasting changes.
    Edith

7. Jerimi says:

We’re hoping to have the rest of a down payment saved before the end of this year, which means we’ve got a move in our future. This series should really come in handy! Thank you for sharing it.

8. Brooke says:

Why do I need motivation like this to get organized? I wish I could do it on my own more often. Thanks for the inspiration. I’m getting right on it! Thanks again, and enjoy your day!

• Aimee says:

Thanks Brooke! I think a little peer support is the answer for most monotony in life! Hope together we can make it lots of fun!!! XO, Aimee

9. Sherri says:

YES!!! I so needed this today, I’m in a bit of a slump :) Thanks for the inspiration.