Life is too busy to mess with what doesn’t work well. These are some of my favorite kitchen storage solutions in an attempt to create a Container Store kitchen at my house –
1. I have a small OXO Small Sink Mat on each side of my kitchen sink and a large OXO Sink Mat below the sink where I keep my kitchen cleaning supplies. I love it! It stays in place, protects my sink (stainless steel here and porcelain at my old house) from chipping and scratches, and is a great holding place for my dishes until I find a moment to load (no more spoons tossed in the garbage after having a spin in the disposal. And the open design allows air and water to flow freely — discouraging mildew pickup. I know I’m going on and on, but I also love that it has easy to grab handles for when I need to easily access the drain!
2. Mommy Cleaning Tip – Refill Foaming Soap.
3. I keep my scrub brush and soap on the mat and on the counter I have a jar filled with baking soda – it’s a perfect abrasive cleaner.
4. IKEA’s Variera shelf insert is great for coffee mugs, tea cups, and saucers. I am surprised how much room just one extra shelf offers. It created space for saucers on the lower shelf. Perfect timing to get this cabinet organized with cooler weather ahead!
5. In my ranchers kitchen, Stud cut some reclaimed boards for me to use as shelves for my spices, I love custom shelves! My spice cabinet in this house is a little wider so I grabbed some plastic ready-made spice shelves. The concept of both is the same, but I’m still partial to my wooden shelves!
6. I am a
little bit of a TOTAL kitchen appliance junkie. And no, I’m not interest in purging a single one. Trying to load these pretties and more into my cabinets was a complete time waster. It just wasn’t happening. These shelves seem to do the trick perfectly. These shelves are set up in the laundry room and every last one of my appliances sit here and wait for me to be in the mood for using them. I love how much easier it is for me to access them when they’re on a spacious shelf. It used to be tugging to get them out and pushing to get them back into the cabinet.
8. Details on my organized refrigerator!
9. I tried several different knife holders until I finally found my favorite. Here are some more of my favorite kitchen knife tips!
10. I have had several Utensil Holders, but none compare with OXO Expandable Utensil Holder with adjustable dividers for organizing my utensils.
Loved in both my old and new kitchen.
Expands to store as many utensils as your drawer space allows.
11. A few years ago I had a cool stainless steel trash can that had a motion sensor for automatic lid opening. It was so cool, but there’s nothing better than Pull Out Trash Cans. They can be stored completely out of sight when not being used. And can be left wide open for easy disposal when cooking.
And behind the trash can, a little space to store the trash sacks!
12. Here’s my new solution for keeping my kids snack foods organized (here).
13. And last, but definitely not least, extra shelves on the back of a pantry door are a must. These shelves are a great way to extend a small pantry.