Printable Labels – Personalized for Your Room

October 9, 2013 by 18 Comments

Tell me I’m not alone — I totally LOVE labels (here are more of my favorite labels)!  It’s impossible to organize the playroom and keep it that way without labels!  Check out these fun labels I made to share!  The cool thing about these Printable Labels – Personalized for Your Room!  Check it out –

Labels for Toy Basket @ItsOverflowing 7

First, let me start with the bins…I hunted everywhere for a bin that was boyish, would be useable in other rooms if I got rid of all the toys, was sturdy, had a fun texture, and held a large amount of toys.  Let me introduce you to ‘My Favorite Toy Bins’ — found at Target.  And right now they’re marked down just a bit.

Toy-Labels-@ItsOverflowing-3

Why do I need bins!?!  You may remember from wwwwaaaayyyy back I mentioned on instagram that I had a FUN Friday night — at IKEA!

IMG_2541

Almost this much fun, but thankfully Stud slowed me down!  Can you guess what I bought for the boys room!?!

Big Purchase from Ikea

Back to the bins — I knew I needed labels for mine so I sat down and started thinking through all the toys my boys have (too many if you ask me).

Labels for Toy Basket @ItsOverflowing

Then I tested printing the labels on regular paper and it turned out just right so I put my ‘Fancy’ paper in the printer and it came out perfect!  If you aren’t as big of a fan of neutrals as me, have at it — go wild and crazy with your paper (just make sure the black font shows up).  Yep, these printables can be personalized to work with your room decor!  Just make sure whatever you’re using is 8 1/2 x 11 letter size.

Labels for Toy Basket @ItsOverflowing 2

Something about dirty little boy hands holding Superheros does this mommy heart good!

Labels for Toy Basket @ItsOverflowing 3

Too Many — Thanks to Our Sweet Neighbor Two Houses Ago!

Labels for Toy Basket @ItsOverflowing 4

Long ago I was given this laminator and made a free morning checkoff printable.  I’ve used the laminator time and time again – it still works perfectly!  If you don’t have this machine, no worries — you can also use the no heat laminator sheets or stop by an office store and they let you laminate a sheet for about a dollar (learned that fun tip from my friend at 52Mantels)!

Labels for Toy Basket @ItsOverflowing 6

Tah Dah!

I used words instead of pictures because with this many bins, if my little sweeties can start associating words with what is inside — I’m totally setting them up for success!

Labels for Toy Basket @ItsOverflowing 7

I used my favorite paper cutter (which I actually hope Santa upgrades this Christmas).   I’m thinking about the one made by Fiskars that folds out and has LED lights, but I’m open to suggestions!  Have one you’d like to recommend?

Labels for Toy Basket @ItsOverflowing 8

Almost every store has these little round velcros – I found mine at Walmart.  Got to love grabbing this and than when you’re grocery shopping!

Labels for Toy Basket @ItsOverflowing 9

First Velcro side:  tougher bristles out – adhesive side to the bin.  Second Velcro side: fuzzy bristles out – adhesive to back of laminated paper.

Toy Labels @ItsOverflowing

Attach the label to the bin!

Toy-Labels-@ItsOverflowing-2

Print Toy Bin Labels – 1

Toy Bin Labels @ItsOverflowing

Print Toy Bin Labels – 2

Toy Bin Labels 2 @ItsOverflowing

Print Toy Bin Labels – 3

Toy Bin Labels 3 @ItsOverflowing

So here’s the deal friend — I’m so excited we’re working together to put Everything in its Place!  Leave a comment with the labels you are still needing and I’ll work on an update with more options for your space!

Toy Labels @ItsOverflowing 4I’m excited to see this room get completed – check out the boys room progression!

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

18 Responses to “Printable Labels – Personalized for Your Room”
  1. Emily says:

Super cute!! Thanks for the shout out :)

2. Gloria says:

I’m all about the organizing! I moved a couple of months ago and what worked and was organized at my last place doesn’t necessarily work at my current one. I’m in the process of adapting and optimizing new storage solutions. It is so worth it.

On paper cutters, I make handmade invitations and have been through a few. I will say Carl trimmers are by far my favorite. Smooth and precise cuts every time and so sturdy. Had it for years and expect many more out of it!

• Aimee says:

You are so right Gloria! Each house is so different. The house I have now came with no storage so I’m have to reinvent a lot — but it’s all good! I like this sort of thing! :) I’ll have to stop by and see what you’re up to and how your sweet boy is doing! Thanks for the recommendation on paper cutters! I have heard good things about Carl Trimmers and you the expert would know! XO, Aimee

3. Yvonne @ StoneGable says:

You need to give classes or come to my home and HELP ME!!! I love all your fabulous organizing ideas!

4. Catherine silver says:

Oh man, awesome thought how to apply the labels with Velcro. I just had to label mine and I used fabric markers. Didn’t turn out as nice as yours, but there’s always the other side!

5. Chanelle Boshuizen says:

Fantastic idea! I tried to make something like this but I didn’t turn out beautifully. :D I will try to do the same thing from your post. Thanks

6. Tamala Sobek says:

How about some labels to organize girls too? Like: Dolls, American girl, Build-A-Bear, My Little Ponies, Littlest Pet Shop, Stuffed Animals, Pokemon, Cards, Crafts, Crayola.
    And labels for some everyday things, like: Socks, Underwear, T-Shirts, Soccer, Dance, Shoes, Bows, Electronics.
    Thanks!

7. Grace says:

Hi Aimee,

Wow, thanks for sharing these labels! They’re perfect — clean, gender neutral, cute type. I’ve had those Target bins for awhile and love em. Do you have a template that I’d be able to use to personalize or offer a personalization service? So excited to laminate a bunch of these and have a forever clean, organized, play area! ;)

• Aimee says:

You are so sweet! And have great style — love our Target bins! I will totally work on that for you! Thanks for the suggestion Grace! XO, Aimee

• Grace says:

Aimee, that’s so generous of you! Thanks! :)

• Kallee says:

Grace,
          Did Aimee happen to send you a template to personalize the labels?
          Thanks,
          Kallee

• Aimee says:

No, I haven’t yet! So sorry! This has been such a crazy season. I will try and get to that this next week!!! Thanks for your patience friends!!! XO, Aimee

• Kallee says:

Thanks Aimee. They are super cute. I’ve printed/laminated the ones that work for me that you’ve already made and love them. I’m excited to finish my playroom with the rest:)

• Kallee says:

Aimee,
            I am sorry to bug you again. I really am willing to pay you for the personalized labels. I’d love to put my playroom together and realize that you are busy…I am just anxious to finish it. Thanks again for your blog and great ideas!

8. Kallee says:

Aimee,
    I love that I found your blog. I love the labels and am excited to use them. I am wondering the same thing Grace is, which is, is there a way to customize the labels or a service to have a few customized? I finished organizing the toy room today and would love to put the labels on this week and check this room off of my list:)
    Thanks so much for your great ideas!

9. Aimee love the labels and your easy method to attach them!! That IKEA pic made me laugh.. Several years ago we had a similar Friday night shopping trip at IKEA and ended up having to strap one box to the top of our Tahoe. Our boys were to keep an eye on it as we made the almost two hour drive home on the freeway. Well… You guessed it… The box disappeared at one point and of course it was the new chair for my craft room!!