Two New Rugs Ordered

October 21, 2013 by 20 Comments

I ordered new rugs.  We’ve been busy chatting about ways to Get Organized (here).  I thought it was about time I update you on my house — interested in seeing a few pics and hearing the latest scoop?!  Most of the rooms are now painted!  Yay!!!  I couldn’t be happier with the color!  It feels like a brand new house!  And even better than that, it feels like my house!  You may remember this bench from my rancher.  It was a Home Goods find that I couldn’t pass without buying!

Entry @ItsOverflowing

The height of our entry swallows this cute bench up, so I’ve begun the hunt of finding a new home for it (I think there has to be a better wall for it to chill on in my house).  I’m also on the lookout for a chest and mirror for this wall.

Entry 2 @ItsOverflowing

My house has two entry closets.  One by the front door and one by the garage door.  I considered adding shelves to this one because lack of storage has caused some of my dining room dishes to be stored in my Master Closet.  As much as I love storage closets, I’ve resisted because I do think coat closets are important.  Patience isn’t my thing, but eventually we will rework our kitchen and at that point I think I will have more storage for my serving pieces.  (I’ve already drawn out my new kitchen plans — now we just have to save up for it).

potterybarn rug @ItsOverflowing 2

I’ve shown you our formal living already.  I love it, but the blue is a little too blue for me now.  I tend to be that way about color.  I love it in every other home, but in my own I’m most comfortable with neutrals.  Neutrals with a few little pops of color.

potterybarn rug @ItsOverflowing

Here’s the new rug I’ve ordered for my living room — Pottery Barn’s Scroll Tile Rug in gray.  The good news, I had a new Homeowner Coupon AND the rug is on sale.  The bad news, it’s been on backorder for awhile.  Crossing my fingers for sooner than later!

Pottery Barn Scroll Tile Rug - Gray @ItsOverflowing

Isn’t is so pretty!!!

Pottery Barn Scroll Tile Rug - Gray @ItsOverflowing 2

And with my white couch I think it’ll be PERFECT!

Pottery Barn Scroll Tile Rug - Gray @ItsOverflowing 3

I was able to buy it in a smaller size to test it out before placing the order.  LOVE!  It’ll look even better in the 9×12 size!

potterybarn rug @ItsOverflowing 4

In the Family Room, I’ve tried a couple rugs, too.

potterybarn rug @ItsOverflowing 8

I love the quality of Pottery Barn rugs and since it’s not something I plan on replacing for many years, I’m willing to splurge.  I’m so thankful for my coupon and the current sale!

potterybarn rug @ItsOverflowing 9

I tried the Pottery Barn Bird Medallion Rug in gray, but it seemed a little too busy for me.

potterybarn rug @ItsOverflowing 5

And the pattern running only one direction didn’t work for this room.

potterybarn rug @ItsOverflowing 6

I finally decided on Pottery Barn’s Mason Boucle Jute Rug in a linen color, I just looked online and the 9×12 doesn’t seem to be offered anymore, but I’ve been promised that mine is on the way.  I’ll show you as soon as it’s in and doing it’s job of making my family room seem more cozy!!!  What’s next?  This room needs a new TV storage solution desperately!  I fell in love with one at a furniture store the other day, but it was too large.  I’m trying to convince Stud that he should scale it down and build it…verdict is still out on whether or not I’m going to have to come up with a new dream piece for this wall!?!

potterybarn rug @ItsOverflowing 7

If you haven’t seen my new house and the updates, check out old and new updates (here).

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

20 Responses to “Two New Rugs Ordered”
  1. Diana says:

Ahhhh, at last I love the new paint it totally changed the room. Really like the scroll pattern rug much better than the Bird Medallion rug the print is too tight on it. A jute rug always gives you options and if you get bored you can put it somewhere else. Can’t wait to see all the tranformations, thanks Aimee.

2. Julia @cuckoo4design says:

I love the Scroll Tile Rug. Hope you’ll get it soon ;) Love your home so much!

3. Great rug choices Aimee! I can’t believe how different your house is already looking!

4. I also like the rug tile but the wooden floor appeals to me more. The floor is just lovely with rug or not. But you have a beautiful rug though. :)

5. Susan says:

LOVE the rug! it’s goingt o be beautiful!

6. Bethany says:

We have the scroll tile rug in mocha and absolutely love it! It adds in some design while staying neutral but not too busy :) Not to mention super comfy!!

7. Love your new rug choice in grey. It will be cozy & warm for the winter months. I would love to invite you to share this at Modern Cottage Mondays a new link party at Curate | by Carrie Corson. Http//:www.curatebycarriecorson.com/. Can’t wait to see it when it arrives:)

8. Suzi says:

aimee, it is really coming along…beautifully! one thought, in florida we don’t really use/need coat closets :-) just sayin’. so go ahead & put in some shelves for that extra storage that are not built in. then if you find you will need that closet for coats you can just slide it out and use it elsewhere. here is a suggestion for the tv wall….when we redid our kitchen we bought two extra upper cabinet, (tall ones) and placed them on the floor to use as a credenza storing all the electronics and wires and board games, etc. we then had the same granite cut that we used in the kitchen for the credenza top. we just put molding around the bottom at the floor and where the cabinets met the wall and it looks custom built. we pulled them away from the wall a few inches so the wiring could fall behind the cabinets and not be all tangly inside of them so the molding pieces between the cabinets and the wall are attached with velcro and easily removed when the hubby needs to tinker with the cables. also is not so deep that it interferes with traffic flow. the the best part is it gave me another surface for display similar to a mantle as it is about that height. we hung the tv on the wall and fed the wires through the wall for a nice clean look. since your kitchen and family room are in view of one another you can do that also and creates a nice flow

9. Leah says:

I just discovered your blog and I love it! You have amazing style! I am in the market for a new living room area rug, so thank you for the ideas! I am your newest follower! :)

Leah @ graceleecottage.blogspot.com

10. I love the options you are considering. I have had my eye on that medallion rug as well. I just love that pattern :)

11. Petra says:

Aimee I just love the light colours you’ve painted on your walls – so exciting and fresh :-) I love your choice of new rugs too – and the jute rug will look so natural and pretty in your lounge room. I also noticed your fireplace – gorgeous – LOVE the way the bricks are high enough to sit on – just perfect for winter time :-D I reckon a little hall table instead of the bench seat by your front door would look great, with a mirror above – just my 2 cents worth! Looking forward to more reveals! Petra xo

12. What a lovely house! And the rugs too. :D I actually have the same thing at home but I like the color of yours. It matches the floor and makes it more stunning.

13. elida says:

Hi,
    I love the color of your wooden floors. Do you know what the name is of the color
    on your floors?

You have a great blog with lots of great information.

I looked for your email address, but wasn’t able to find it, hope you can reply here. Thank you.

• Aimee says:

We need to buy more for our kitchen before long. I will try and post the info in a post of its own when I figure it out Elida!!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment! XO, Aimee