A Month of Elf on the Shelf Ideas

December 4, 2013 by 18 Comments

I have looked all over the place to come up with creative ideas for our Elf on the Shelf and am totally excited to share a month of the BEST Elf on the Shelf ideas!  I am so unbelievably impressed with the creativity.  Never in a million years would I have come up with some of these ideas, but my three sweeties are going to LOVE their Elf on the Shelf this year more than ever before!!!  It’s time to take FUN to a new level!!!  If you think of more fabulous ideas, email me a pic or leave a comment below!!!

Elf on the Shelf Ideas @ItsOverflowing

A Month of THE BEST Elf on the Shelf Ideas.

Month of Elf on the Shelf Ideas

Elf on the Shelf Ideas - 1

Elf takes a little roll down the stairs. >> Nelly Cole

Christmas is OVER - Bye Elf

Elf headed back to the north pole with all his gear!  >> Little Bit Funky

If you don’t have an Elf on the Shelf –

Elf on the ShelfAmazon

MORE Ideas for Christmas FUN (here)

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

18 Responses to “A Month of Elf on the Shelf Ideas”
  1. Jenna says:

hahahaha! I’m going to do the Lego one for sure!

2. Julia@Cuckoo4Design says:

:)))))) So fun! My favorite is the lego one!

3. Debbie says:

Doesn’t it bother any of you that you are lying to your children?

• Aimee says:

I like make-believe and creative play!!! I think it helps imaginations grow!!! In our family, anytime we open the bible, we say, ‘This is God’s true word and EVERYTHING in it really happened.’ There are lots of stories we read and watch that are pretend and I’m personally okay with that — definitely don’t perceive hiding Elf on the Shelf as lying!!! XO, Aimee

• Ashley says:

Do you tell your children the tooth fair takes their teeth? Do they believe Santa brings them presents? Does the Easter Bunny hide their eggs? There is a very small window in a child’s life where they believe things are magical and have no worries. Let them be little, let them imagine, let them believe that things in this world can be magical. To criticize and condemn parents for encouraging this in their children is crazy!!!

• Carol says:

Do your children believe in Santa or the Easter bunny? Its just light-hearted fun!! I personally enjoy it and I think its a great tradition!!

• Not at all. I definitely think of it more as creative play and make believe than flat out lying to them. Do your kids not play dress up and pretend to be princesses or knights? Do you not have the tooth fairy/Easter bunny/Santa? Parents use this as a way to add a tradition to their Christmas for younger kids. It is meant to be fun and not taken so seriously.

• Rebecca says:

Being your child does not sound like much fun.

4. Debbie says:

My child would find the idea of a toy that could move and do things REALLY creepy.

5. Haha…these are so cute. I think we might use the flour angel on tonight :)

6. Michael G. says:

Debbie, you are a supreme Jerk. I would say worse but they would not print it. Why would u want to ruin it for kids. A kid could read what u wrote. Life is to full of bad things so let the children be children as long as possible. They grow up to fast. You really are an idiot.

7. Joe says:

Debbie it doesn’t bother us anymore than having to deal with people like you on a daily basis!

8. Chery says:

Elf on the shelf is not just for kids. My kids are grown and my husband and I are enjoying the kind things our little elf is doing, it brings back the magic and makes the season fun.

9. Shannon says:

These are hilarious. We sat here and laughed as we scrolled through. I’m ordering me one for next year even though my kids are grown. It just looks like fun.

Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

10. Lisa says:

It’s hard when people lose the magic of Christmas. I hope you get it back Debbie! Try and see these things through your kids eyes. How would a cute little elf watching you be any more creepy than santa watching you. Remember your kids will only be kids once, lighten up and invite more for fun into your life, you never know what might happen if you do!

11. Kim mitchell says:

My boys are older but still love seeing what the Elf does. Its just fun. Not one of them have ever said, “Mom and Dad, I cant believe you have lied to me all these years”. I understand some people just aren’t into having some lighthearted fun with their kids. They are only little for a short time and even though we have this fun time with our boys, they know the true meaning of Christmas and have ALWAYS been told Jesus is the reason we celebrate. Not Santa.

12. Pam says: