Anthropologie Inspired Tablescape

January 2, 2014 by 30 Comments

Another cold front is expected tomorrow!  Nothing says winter like a mug of hot chocolate topped with marshmallows so why not a marshmallow centerpiece!?!   My table is set very simple because with a 7, 8, and 11 year old that’s how we do things around here, but it’s definitely festive for the season — check it out — I love my Anthropologie Inspired Tablescape!

Setting a Pretty Table @ ItsOverflowing 9

Just a few short months ago, the paint throughout our new home was dark and dreary.  The new wall color have definitely helped me feel like this home is mine!  If you’re not familiar with my floor plan yet, the entry and formal living room are to the left in the picture below and the kitchen is on the far right.

Setting a Pretty Table @ ItsOverflowing

I saw a cake stand covered with extra large and mini marshmallows at one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie and knew my sweeties would enjoy sitting through a “fancy” meal with the promise of indulging on marshmallows at the end!

Setting a Pretty Table @ ItsOverflowing 2

My new mercury salad plates are from the holiday collection at Target.  I love them, except removing the sticker on the underside is next to impossible.  What were they thinking!?!

Setting a Pretty Table @ ItsOverflowing 3

The mercury dishes are so pretty, but my very favorite new addition is the Roze Tile Table Runner in Smoke Blue – love PotteryBarn!  I stopped in there a couple weeks ago and there was a bin of linens on clearance.  It’s hard to find real long table runners for a reasonable price.

Setting a Pretty Table @ ItsOverflowing 4

This one is 108″ x 18″ and don’t hate me, but it was marked down to $19.59 from $49.  Living close to a large PotteryBarn definitely has it’s perks.

Setting a Pretty Table @ ItsOverflowing 5

I wanted to keep the table simple so I layered different candleholders onto the table in white, silvery mercury, and glass — to keep the look cohesive, I used all white candles.  I collected a few extra candleholders for my Christmas mantel (here) this year if you didn’t see it, it’s one of my favorite mantels ever!

Setting a Pretty Table @ ItsOverflowing 6

In previous tablescapes I’ve shown you my china.  It’s the Noritake Parchment pattern.  It’s soft and versatile.

Setting a Pretty Table @ ItsOverflowing 7

My chargers were a fun find years ago.  I always love the table pretties at Costco this time of year.

Setting a Pretty Table @ ItsOverflowing 8

The most fun tables to set are ones created for special surprise dinners (when they don’t even know Moni and Pa are coming).  One of these days BBB are going to catch onto my very obvious hints (see below), but not yet thankfully!!!

Dining Table Centerpiece @ItsOverflowing

Stay warm over these next few months and enjoy LOTS of mugs filled with hot cocoa and marshmallows!!!

Setting a Pretty Table @ ItsOverflowing 9

More Fancy Tablespreads

Linking up atSavvy Southern StyleBetween Naps on the Porch

Comments

30 Responses to “Anthropologie Inspired Tablescape”
  1. Love the table….simple, yet so festive with bling and sparkle! Who can resist tasty marshmallows at the end of the meal? Pretty!

2. Diana says:

Looks fabulous Aimee and of course I love mercury glass and sparkle. Also, a big fan of hot cocoa. Thanks for the reminder, we have a very big cold front coming this would hit the spot.

3. ColleenB. says:

very pretty and so festive looking.
    ColleenB.
    Texas

4. Fiona R says:

I love, love, love your table – the actual wood table – and have been looking for one like it. Can you tell me where you got it (hopefully online somewhere)? :) TIA!

5. JoyceG says:

re: the stickers on the underside of your plates – try “Goo Gone” which is available in hardware stores, Target, etc. It’s a great product. The other thing that works well is just rubbing the sticker/sticky stuff with a paper towel and vegetable oil. It may take repeated applications.

6. Jenna says:

Great touch with the marshmallows!

7. Sandra says:

I have developed a huge fondness for mercury glass and you have pushed me happily over the edge!

8. Diane says:

Oh, what a pretty, pretty table! Love the mercury glass plates and I adore hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows, so there is nothing I do not like about this tablescape!! How nice to have found the beautiful table runner on sale – wish I had a Pottery Barn close to me. Happy New Year!!

9. Very pretty tablescape with lots of great touches….I love the marshmallow centerpiece.

10. You table is perfect for winter! The mercury glass gives an icy reflective feel! What a darling idea to use all those marshmallows as a centerpiece. LOVE IT! Your runner and the center of your table filled with candles is such a beautiful focal point!!! I’m leaving very inspired!

11. keya says:

I absolutely love it Aimee! You have my wheels turning as I sit here at my completely bare dining table… we need some marshmallows and mercury glass going on!

12. Stunning! I’m hoping to get a new dining set this year. And determined it will look like your photos rather than the spot for stuff to be tossed and stacked like it is now. =)

Jeanine

13. Your tablescape is very pretty! The new runner is lovely and what a great deal too. I especially like the mix of mercury glass and white, and the marshmallows are cute. Enjoy your company.

14. Linda says:

Your simple table has just the right touches of elegance. Isn’t Anthro the best when it comes to household accessories? I have to discipline myself whenever I stop there.

15. Ann K. says:

Such a beautiful table!! I love the smoke blue runner with the mercury glass against your dark table.
    Glad you snatched that up at PB. Very pretty with a touch of whimsy with the marshmallows!!!

16. Kris says:

Aimee,
    Just Gorgeous. Love it all.
    Kris

17. Love this! Would love if you would link to Friday Favorites at http://imnotatrophywife.com

So pretty!!! laura

18. Chelsea says:

Just beautiful Aimee! I love the white fluffy marshmallows as a centerpiece. Genius!

19. Petra says:

It’s great Aimee – with all your china and cutlery, it looks like an icy snowscape on your table :-) Wish I could find large marshmallows like that down my neck of the woods! Wouldn’t mind an icy snowscape at the moment – it’s 40 degrees celcius today!

20. Love that marshmallow centerpiece! And the mercury glass dishes are gorgeous- I was surprised when you said they were from Target! The tablescape looks great.

21. Sooooo soooo pretty! How fun! I love your plates!! Stay warm!!

22. What a beautiful tablescape! I love the huge marshmallows and the pretty plates. I got some champagne glasses at IKEA that were impossible to get the stickers off of…I wondered what they were thinking as well.
    Take care,
    KC

23. Misty Kearns says:

Gorgeous! Makes me want to go redo my table & decor or have a dinner party!

24. Wow! Truly beautiful. I love the table runner, too. What an honor it would be to sit at a table setting that gorgeous.

25. Beautiful table! I love how you make items from so many sources and price points look cohesive. And edible centerpieces are a favorite of mine!
    I found you through One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons.

26. Kim says:

Wow, I LOVE that centerpiece! What a great (easy) idea, too. I found your blog looking for exterior photos, but I love all of it! I’m going to put you on my “Blogs I Follow” list.