Another sickie! It’s somewhat to be expected this time of year when the temperature outside is 65 one day and 19 the next, but I don’t like it one bit! The other two are still healthy and I’m hoping to keep it that way! Time for me to pull out my two favorite cleaning agents, a bottle of Lysol and my Miele vacuum! No germs allowed!
Here are some of my favorite vacuuming tips (leave a comment with your favorites, too).
- Vacuum the floor LAST when all the dust and dirt has been swept off other surfaces and gravity has done it’s job.
- Use the dust brush and wand to clean baseboards, bookshelves, end tables, overhead light fixtures, and ceiling fans (goodbye dust bunnies).
- Run the crevice tool between the cushions of the couch with each vacuum as well (don’t leave those cookie crumbs for later).
- When it’s time to vacuum the floor, vacuum slowly, overlapping swipes to effectively remove all of the dirt.
- Make sure to vacuum under and behind furniture. You can’t believe the stuff that accumulates there — this can be an enormous source of allergens.
- On hardwood floors, turn off the machine’s beater bar or use a hard-floor attachment and vacuum in the same direction as the planks.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.