Kid Sized Laundry Baskets (Fun Find)

January 30, 2014 by 18 Comments

Wednesday is my day for browsing, I have a couple hours each week etched out for tracking down good buys!  The last several weeks I’ve been on the hunt for a basket and today I finally found exactly what I was looking for, even better, I found two of what I was looking for!   Kid Sized Laundry Baskets – so my kids can help me keep up with their laundry!!!

Kids Laundry @ItsOverflowing 5

I’ve been a little bugged that my kids aren’t carrying their dirty clothes to the laundry room in the morning.  Sisters are blunt great!  Hearing me complain a couple times, my sister reminded me that our other house was smaller and my old system just doesn’t work for this house.  And so began my hunt for Kid Sized Laundry Baskets, because I definitely wanted to limit to how much was stuffed inside before making it’s way to me!

Cute Yorkie @ItsOverflowing

– Stuffed with Sweetness –

Kids Laundry @ItsOverflowing 6

I found these at HomeGoods and couldn’t throw them in my basket fast enough!  Everywhere I’ve looked recently, baskets are priced so high!   These baskets are so cute and $12.99 is a total steal!  And if you’re in the market, there were lots still there when I checked out yesterday (Wednesday).

Kids Laundry @ItsOverflowing

The baskets should have enough room to hold a weeks worth of clothes (and if not they have an easy way to carry it to the laundry room and make room for more).  I like to do laundry on Friday so everyone is available to put their own clothes away -AND- it makes Sunday Night more peaceful!

Kids Laundry @ItsOverflowing 2

Starting this Friday, the weekend can begin as soon as lunch boxes are unpacked from backpacks -AND- the laundry has been brought into the laundry room and sorted (I made it easy for them with my chalkboard labels).

Kids Laundry @ItsOverflowing

Read More:

Boy Bedrooms and Girl Bedrooms

Linking up atSavvy Southern StyleBetween Naps on the Porch

Comments

18 Responses to “Kid Sized Laundry Baskets (Fun Find)”
  1. We have lived in a bunch of different houses over the past few years, and your point makes a lot of sense… what works in one house, doesn’t necessarily work in the next! I love those baskets, they are the perfect size and the idea of the weekend not starting until they bring down the baskets is excellent! Thanks for the great ideas!!

2. cassie says:

these are adorable! emmy needs a new one- may have to look!

3. Jill Flory says:

Cute! I keep thinking I will do something like this for my girls but haven’t done it yet – you’ve inspired me now maybe I will do it!

4. Love pic of the cute little helper!! xx

5. keya says:

these are so cute! A great find indeed.

6. Rebecca says:

These r great! Were there other designs too??

7. Tabitha says:

Those are so cute! We haven’t really found our laundry routine sweet spot. -Tabitha

8. michelle says:

that is a fabulous idea! I’m always going around picking up his laundry and throwing it in with ours. I like that it does allow for some independence too.

9. Petra says:

Sounds like a good idea :-) There are only 3 of us so I just have one laundry basket in the bathroom and everything goes in it daily, and I do my washing pretty much daily. I hate big loads of washing so that’s why I do it so regularly.

10. Love these! We have one just like this that we use with our 2 year old. The small size and easy-to-grip handles makes it something that even he can handle.

And this means that he can help me do his laundry even at this young age.

Gotta start the kids young, I say!

11. Laurie says:

This is fabulous!

You ROCK for linking up this week to Tip Me Tuesday. {high fives}

Just a heads up, Tip Junkie can help you index your blog more effectively if you upload at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL into your Tip Junkie craft room!

Simply login and click “add a project” on your profile page to get started. {yep I’ve got your back!}

~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}