Changes in the Master Bedroom

January 9, 2014 by 15 Comments

Until about a week ago my Master Bedroom Chevron Curtains from Hobby Lobby was totally rocked my world!  And then I had the thought to call the best hairdresser I’ve ever had – went to her from high school until I had baby #2.  I hadn’t gelled with anyone here yet and her shop is much closer to my new house.  Since we set the appointment, I’ve been obsessively looking forward to Thursday (today)!!!  Bring back my natural baby blonde hair sweet friend!!!  And as if that isn’t enough to make a day perfect, I’m having lunch with my mom at my favorite downtown restaurant — home of the best chocolate pie and then stopping by IKEA to pick up a few things.  Don’t pinch me, if this is a dream I want more time to enjoy it!

Master Bedroom Update 2 @ItsOverflowing

Do you see a difference in the above pic compared to the pic from my last room update – here!?!  Besides the minor detail that both drapes are now at an appropriate height now!?!   I’ll let you stew on that for a second — tell me in the comments if you figured it out right away (be honest).

Master Bedroom Update 3 @ItsOverflowing

But first, check out my newest bedroom addition!   My NEW Handmade Vintage Turkish Kilm Pillow from Turkish Craft Arts!  LOVE!!!  I need to add some fun new Euro cases and lots of accessories in here, but I love the endless options with these accent pillows — touch of unexpected!

More about Kilim Rugs here.
Master Bedroom Update 4 @ItsOverflowing

Spoiler alert – In the picture above where the armoire is between the two windows I used to have my wide dresser.  And where these two chairs sit used to be the armoire.  Carpet indents to prove it.  The wide dresser is no longer in my master bedroom.

Master Bedroom Update @ItsOverflowing

In our two story, the master bedroom was HUGE so I bought way too much matchy furniture (although I love it all).  At our rancher, our master bedroom was itty bitty so the armoire ended up in the formal living room.  At this house, our master bedroom is large, but when all the matchy furniture was dumped into the room I was a little bummed because it seemed to swallow the room a little too much.

Master Bedroom Update 5 @ItsOverflowing

By moving the dresser out and placing the armoire between the two windows I feel free to dream about this space again – I’m not so locked in!

Master Bedroom Update 6 @ItsOverflowing

Where did the wide dresser end up!?!  Stud told me the other day that our stockpile for house updates was dwindling and while I could purchase the $3000 beautiful hutch for the wall in my family room, it would delay us from making kitchen updates even further.   Walking through my empty house (my kids are back in school now after a nice long Christmas break), I started searching for options!  This is what my sweet hubby found when he came home from work.

Master Bedroom Update 8 @ItsOverflowing

Moving this dresser on our wooden floors was easy because each leg has felt and the drawers were completely empty – remember yesterday I told you we don’t use our bedroom furniture because we like keeping our clothes in the closet better – I wasn’t kidding.  More house updates still to come, right now I’m wanting to get everything placed for optimum usage and then I’ll start layering!

Traditional Home Updates

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

15 Responses to “Changes in the Master Bedroom”
  1. Babette says:

LOL, I did notice when you posted the other day that one rod was not even with the other :). I just thought “Oh, she forgot or maybe she wanted it that way!” I would have done the same thing! Sometimes, I’m so tired from my project that I just say ugh I’ll fix it tomorrow! It looks beautiful either way, and I’m jealous that you get to go to Ikea. Our store is an hour away. However, they are building one 20 minutes away and opening in the fall! I’m giddy with anticipation. Love your room.

• Aimee says:

You’re so sweet to give me the benefit of the doubt Babette!!! My IKEA is a little under 30 minutes away. Still not close enough, but I can make it work for sure!!! I was so bummed that they didn’t have any of their Spring collection yet. I guess I’ll have to make my way out there again soon! :) XO, Aimee

2. Tiffany says:

I think the long dresser would go great there! Loving the black and white chevron… always a favorite and a classic!

3. Dee Ann Thompson says:

Who is the manufacturer of your dresser? I am looking for a large sized one and this is perfect!

Thanks
    Dee Ann

4. Cindy says:

What a great way to use your dresser!
    I have a tip on how to remove the “dents” in your carpet…place very damp towel over dent and run iron (med/high setting) over towel several times. It’s like magic! Basically the same effect that steam cleaning has on your carpet.
    Enjoy your special day!

5. Diana says:

I noticed Aimee, but just figured you hadn’t gotten to it yet. I love the room now it looks so pretty. Especially,loving the ironing of the carpet tip thanks Cindy. Have little dents here and there I’m off to press them!

• Aimee says:

Hi Diana!!! I moved the furniture out before I had a chance to take a final pic of the curtains with that wide dresser still there. LOL. I love Cindy’s tip, too. My mom told me the same thing so it must work! I’m trying it tomorrow!!! XO, Aimee

6. Lydia Wagner says:

Idea! Instead of the two chairs against the wall, one big cushy chair in the corner right by the window, with a little side table. Perfect for reading!!!!! And using the dresser as your TV stand is perfect! I think it’ll be a great size for that room – and just that little bit of height will do the trick for making that space look more proportional.

• Aimee says:

Great idea Lydia!!! I’ll keep my eyes out for sure — it’ll need to be a steal because I don’t want ANYTHING standing in the way of my kitchen update. LOL. You’ve seen it — you know it’s going to be amazing when that wall is GONE, right!

XO, Aimee

7. Kelly says:

I think that the dresser will work great as a TV stand, and a great way to save the funds for the kitchen update.