3D Heart Valentine Treat Toppers
• white card stock
• assorted washi tape (I used about 7 different patterns)
• toothpicks, candy sticks or fruit skewers (I used toothpicks)
• glue stick
- Gather supplies and make a small heart template from card stock (size determined by desired size of toppers)
- Place rows of washi tape across card stock, from top to bottom
- Flip tape-covered card stock over and trace heart template in straight rows (I fit 30 hearts on one sheet of card stock)
- Cut out each heart. TIP: fold the hearts in half before cutting them out. Each heart will need a center fold to construct the 3D design!
- Separate hearts into piles of 3. Each topper will be constructed of 3 hearts.
- Place glue on the backs of 3 hearts. Place a toothpick in the middle of one heart
- Place a second heart on one side of the toothpick-ed heart
- Place the third heart on the opposite side of the toothpick
- Repeat with remaining hearts
This is an easy and inexpensive Valentine’s Day project, perfect for a Valentine’s Day party…or just for a fun treat for your kiddos. My daughter loved having special fruit cups with her lunches this week! (In case you’re wondering, the chevron treat cups were purchased at HomeGoods. Don’t you love that store??)
52 Mantels is a blog about all things home including occasional mantel makeovers, easy DIY projects, seasonal crafts and simple recipes! I’m blessed to be the stay-at-home mother to one adorable little girl and the lucky wife to an ever-supportive hubby (who puts up with my endless projects!).
Emily creates and shares tons of cute, creative crafts on her blog so definitely check her out!!!
Happy Valentines Day Crafting Sweet Friends!!!