Simple Wreath for January (Fun Find)

January 23, 2014 by 26 Comments

Check out my Simple Wreath for January!  I’ve been trying to do a little less window shopping because inevitably I find something(s) I totally “need” every single time!  On Wednesday I go to BSF (bible study fellowship) and I have designated the rest of the day (the two hours left before pick up) as my playtime!  Look what I found in Target yesterday!

Boxwood Wreath @ItsOverflowing

It was on clearance and it’s exactly what I had written down that I wanted to make!  I don’t think I could have bought the supplies to make this regularly $39.99 Boxwood Wreath for $12 and some change (with tax).

Boxwood Wreath 3 @ItsOverflowing

The last three weeks my house has been in total January fashion — minimal decor!  I was ready to start adding a few touches, starting with my door(s).  I bought the last two of these wreath at my Target one for my front door and another for my side door — both were looking real bare.

Boxwood Wreath @ItsOverflowing 6

This is our side door – the one that our friends and family use.  I will hang the front door wreath soon (my cute little yorkie, Berkeley decided to chew up that door’s wreath hook – I guess the HUGE basket of toys she has isn’t enough for her).  The suction wreath hooks I use to hang wreaths on my glass windows are cheap – I just ordered a replacement on Amazon.

Boxwood Wreath 2 @ItsOverflowing

I have tons of ideas on how I can change this wreath up for different holidays, but for now I’m enjoying it in its simplistic state!

Boxwood Wreath 6 @ItsOverflowing

What fun finds have you found lately?!  Do you put everything back as it was in the new year or do you change things up a little? a LOT?

Here are some real cute Spring Wreath Ideas.

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

26 Responses to “Simple Wreath for January (Fun Find)”
  1. ColleenB. says:

that is one heck of a buy and no, don’t think you would had been able to make it for any cheaper than what you paid for it. It’s Awesome. Good find for sure

2. Diana says:

This is wonderful, especially after so much glitz etc for Christmas.

3. Super find. I love it. Hugs, Marty

4. What a great deal!!! I agree. Normally I love a lot if extra touches, but these wreaths are perfect just as they are. Target puts the best things on clearance, but I’ve never found anything this wonderful. You’ve got to be thrilled! :D

• Aimee says:

Thanks Desiree — and YES, Target does put the best things on clearance!!! Sometimes, a few to many great things are lining their clearance shelves!!! XO, Aimee

5. Marla says:

I love your blog, and I love even more that you attend BSF.

• Aimee says:

Oh my goodness, thanks Marla!!! And yes, my whole family attends BSF. I love that we are all studying the same chapter of the bible each week!!! It rocks our world!!! XO, Aimee

6. I have that same affliction at Target. I see something I NEED every single time and suddenly a trip to pick up toilet paper becomes a $100 adventure! But that wreath was a great deal and too good to pass up. I have a boxwood wreath hanging in our kitchen, and I think it’s a great all-season wreath. Can’t wait to see how you dress yours up for spring, which cannot get here soon enough!)

• Aimee says:

Oh Amy, I hear your pain! And yet it’s a pain we’re both willing to suffer through. LOL. Thanks for stopping by for a visit, Sweet Friend! XO, Aimee

7. Susan says:

Great find! I’m heading over to Target now, but my hopes aren’t too high at finding it at mine. Thanks for such inspiration!

I must have missed the winner of the Honeywell thermostat–unless you haven’t posted it yet. Have a wonderful weekend, and keep up your fun blog.

• Aimee says:

Crossing my fingers for you Susan! Yes, the winner was picked, waiting to hear back from Honeywell to post the announcement (usually it’s posted on the original giveaway post). Thanks so much for your encouraging words Susan!!!

XO, Aimee

8. Petra says:

You have a separate door for friends and family? That’s kinda cool :-D Gorgeous wreath – BARGAIN!

• Aimee says:

Yes, It’s my Grocery Bag door and family/friends door! We always know when a solicitor is at the door because they ring at the front. :) I’m loving that I was able to find two of these wreaths at this price so both can look pretty! XO, Aimee

9. Debbie says:

Very nice find! I had to comment as I love BSF. Although I am no longer attending (work full time), I’ve been through all of the studies and was a children’s leader in BSF for seven years. Loved it!

• Aimee says:

Thanks so much Debbie! BSF is fabulous. My three go in the evenings with their daddy and I go on a different morning. It is the best gift we could ever give our children (or ourselves)! Nothing is as heart transforming as digging through the Word of God! Seven years as a Children’s Leader — that is AMAZING!!! We hope to make it though all of the studies, too! XO, Aimee

10. Kristen says:

What section of the store did you find the wreaths, if you don’t mind my asking? I looked at one nearby Target this weekend and I couldn’t find anything, only the regular priced boxwood wreaths that were $44.99.