Today, we have another great craft in our series, A Craft Made By You. Lucy from the beautiful blog, Craftberry Bush, where creativity is always in bloom is sharing a tutorial with us that I can’t wait to try —
How to make terra cotta pots chippy and perfectly imperfect!
1. Paint a thick layer towards the top of the pot and with a dry brush technique, spread the rest of the paint around the pot.
2. With a moist paper towel, remove some of the paint and allow pot to dry.
3. Paint another thick layer of paint.
4. Before the paint completely dries (and is tacky to the touch), rub the paint off with your fingers. The paint should come off, leaving a chippy look to the pot.
5. With a wet paper towel, gently wipe off all the paint from the areas where you removed the paint (optional).
1. Similar to method 1, paint a thick layer of paint over the top area of pot and allow to dry.
2. Using various shades of green, stipple paint over pot. This will create the look of moos.
3. While paint is still drying, rub it off with your fingers and repeat steps 1 and 2 (if needed) until you achieve an old mossy look.