Someone Has New Patio Furniture

April 16, 2014 by 13 Comments

My old patio furniture was beginning to fall apart — I had used it for ten years!  Knowing my goal of updating the kitchen, Stud didn’t quite get my urgency for buying new patio furniture, but when my mom and I found this set, he went with the flow and helped me pick it up!  Stud and I drove to Dallas in my father-in-law’s truck to pick it up.  We attempted to bungee cord the boxes in place, went about a mile down the road, and the boxes began shaking in the gusty wind.  We pulled over in a parking lot that just happened to be a furniture store.  A sweet man that worked there was loading another truck with a new dresser and asked if he could help us (yes, we looked that confused).  Stud got a great lesson on using the ratchet set that was in the back of the truck (Stud’s dad had always spoiled us by tied down big purchases for us in the past) AND was warned that our bungee cords were definitely not the right choice for securing boxes on the highway.  BIG Oops!

Backyard Furniture - 01

I love the new sectional — so much room for friends!

Backyard Furniture - 17

Last weekend my little sweeties wanted to know how they could help (one of those sweet mommy moments that happen infrequently enough to make you appreciate them).  I wanted to come up with something that would be different and a bit fun.  I asked them to take off the burlap…

Backyard Furniture - 03

They did an amazing job!  The squirrels have been chewing off bits over the last few weeks — I hope they’ve had enough time to build a warm little nest because this wrap is coming off!  It has been a cold winter for us in Texas — lots of freezes!  I’m so thankful all three palms made it to Spring alive!

Backyard Furniture - 04

Speaking of Spring, I found the best flower shop ever (thanks to two great recommendations from friends).  The Flower Ranch is my new LOVE!

Backyard Furniture - 08

The inspiration is unlike anything I’ve ever seen!

Backyard Furniture - 07

I love all their arrangements, but I also love that they also sell the planter boxes separate so I can choose my own variety (and save a bit)!

Backyard Furniture - 09

Our wheelbarrow totally quit on us so we put our dolly to work!

Backyard Furniture - 10

I love to watch my blooms grow!

Backyard Furniture - 12B

This is a Digitalis ‘Dalmatian’ — totally dramatic!

Backyard Furniture - 13

The boys were busy at work, too.   — This is every single day!

Backyard Baseball @ItsOverflowing.com

Separating the grassy area from the pool and patio area is this cedar arbor with white globe lights.  I added my anthropologie felt garland for a fun pop of color.

Backyard Furniture - 14

Furnishing the back patio has given me an extra living room. I know it will get a ton of use — spring, summer, and fall!

Backyard Furniture - 11

Especially when the Rangers are playing!!!  Now back to saving for my kitchen remodel!!!

Backyard Furniture - 15

More Backyard Fun Inspiration

Comments

13 Responses to “Someone Has New Patio Furniture”
  1. Brandi says:

How beautiful! Such a gorgeous yard you have!

2. Kim says:

That is one nice huge sectional. I need outdoor furniture so badly. Need to clean and paint our pitiful deck first.

3. Diana says:

Everything looks wonderful Aimee, don’t you love when a plan comes together? Have a great week and a terrific Easter weekend.

4. Stunning patio furniture! Your backyard is so pretty and inviting, love all of the plants you’ve selected for your pots! xx

5. Tony says:

Everything looks fantastic! I love the pyramid wicker flame in the second picture. Would you be able to provide the name of that piece…I want to get a couple for my patio!

6. Love the new furniture. Gorgeous.

7. Ericka says:

LOVE the new patio set! Cute and functional! It’s adds a ton of seating. Have fun enjoying it all summer :)

8. I love outdoor sectionals! You’re lucky to have such a nice, big backyard. That flower shop looks wonderful! My brother and sis-in law live in Coppell and we went to a neat flower shop once, but I don’t remember the name of it. I need to replace some of my patio pots with new spring blooms. Love this time of year!

9. Andrea says:

It’s gorgeous!

10. Juju says:

Aimee~
    Your backyard is looking GREAT! What lovely patio furniture you chose.

When we lived in Abilene, Texas we had a problem with squirrels chewing up our patio furniture cushions {they were using the stuffing for their nests, I think!}

Do you know of any way to avoid this problem?

I’m looking forward to seeing your kitchen remodel, too!
    Blessings ~

11. Christine says:

What a wonderful spot to spend family time or take a nap.

What time is the party? lol