Make the Broken Beautiful – Share Your Creativity Party 108

April 5, 2014 by 23 Comments

Welcome to Share Your Creativity Party • No. 108. We all walk through life, holding tight to certain beliefs, but when all of life is unfamiliar, when torrential rain blurs our vision and violent winds toss us to the ground — are the beliefs we’ve built our life on really solid ground!?!  ‘We are cracked and chipped from our afflictions on all sides, but we are not crushed by them. We are bewildered at times, but we do not give into despair.’

As I’ve spent the last sixteen months preparing my heart for the passing of my brother-in-law from those awful brain tumors, I had no idea that my beloved mother would pass suddenly and be outlived by Mark.  There’s nothing easy about walking through the valley of the shadow of death, but in many ways I can see God’s beauty in the midst of this deep suffering.  ‘But this beautiful treasure is contained in us—cracked pots made of earth and clay—so that the transcendent character of this power will be clearly seen as coming from God and not from us.’ • 2 Corinthians 4:7-8 (The Voice).

He sees this broken pot, marred by holes and cracks AND in His Mercy still chooses to pour His love on my life!  In His perfect timing and according to His perfect plan, He will fill some of my cracks and broken places with healing, just as He has done so many times before.  And the cracks He allows to remain will be used to shine His Glory for all the world to see.  I would have never chosen to walk this road, but Jesus has met me in my deepest pain!  God, I’m amazed that You can make the broken BEAUTIFUL!  He truly is my solid ground!

Broken Beautiful Printable 2 @ItsOverflowing

8×10 Print >>2 Corinthians 4:7<<

This song has been so comforting for me, I just love Ellie Holcomb!

And now it’s — PARTY TIME — I’m real glad you stopped by to share your amazing creations and ideas! While you’re here, take a few minutes to check out other projects linked below, you’ll totally be inspired!

………………………………………

Party Details.

• This Party is open to any project or idea you made or created and would like to share this week.

• Please do not link to etsy shops or to a giveaway.

• Please add the party button to your post — code below– or add a visible linkback to the party so others can be inspired to join the fun.

• I love to feature creative projects – by submitting a link to this party you are giving authorization for your project to be featured. Featured links will include a photo and a link back to your site.

Share Your Creativity Party Button.

ItsOverflowing

Linking up atSavvy Southern StyleBetween Naps on the Porch

Comments

23 Responses to “Make the Broken Beautiful – Share Your Creativity Party 108”
  1. Katie @ The Casual Craftlete says:

I’m so sorry for you loss. Prayers to you and your family!

2. Suzan says:

Can we find a friend so faithful,
    Who will all our sorrows share?
    Jesus knows our every weakness;
    Take it to the Lord in prayer.
    May He guide you through this time
    Much love,
    Suzan

3. My heart just aches for you, Aimee. Your sentiments here are too wonderful for words. I’ve lifted you and your family up in prayer.

4. Jenna says:

You and your family are in my heart and prayers Aimee as you face so many challenges…it boils down to one breath and at a time and your faith…thank you for sharing your pain, and take comfort and strength from your so many well wishers and friends.

5. You are a beautiful “cracked vessel”, Aimee. Even in your greatest despair, He is shining through you to make Himself known. Keep clinging to Him, holding tight to His Words and promises. He loves you so much and is near the brokenhearted. “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” ~ Romans 12:12 Continuing to lift you and your family up in prayer.
    Love and hugs,
    Nici

6. Denise says:

Precious words. Thanks for sharing your heart. Prayers for you and your family as you draw near to Him at this time.

7. Suzi says:

My sincere heartfelt sorrow for your great loss.

8. May God continue to comfort you during this sorrow, Beauty for Ashes…Isaiah 61:3….
    you are loved by Him.
    Prayers for you….we love you,
    moni

9. I’m so sorry for your loss big zen hugs to you and your family

10. Kristi says:

I’m just SO sorry for your loss Aimee. Wishing you all the strength in the world as you journey through this incredibly difficult time.

11. I’m so sorry for you loss. Praying for you and your family!
    Thanks for hosting, I just found your blog and I added you to my linky party list. Feel free to stop by for my Friday T.G.I.F. linky party

12. Prayers for you and your family.
    Joy

13. I was thinking of you the other day and could not imagine how difficult this time must be. Prayer for you and your sister and the rest of your family.

{hugs}
    Ashley

14. Sandra says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take Care!

15. This must be a terribly sad time for you but it so comforting to know that your faith is keeping you strong.

Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

16. I’m thinking of you and your family. I know this is a very hard time. Thanks for hosting.
    KC

17. Shannon says:

Thank you for hosting. So many fun and colorful ideas. I’m really enjoying spring!

Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

18. Jo-Anne says:

I am sorry for you loss I have said a prayer for you and your family

19. Zuni says:

Hi, Aimee. Thank you so much for continuing to host a party for us in spite of your sorrow. I’m sorry for your loss and for your BIL’s health. Thank you, too, for your inspiring words. ~Zuni

20. Amy J says:

I never comment on here, but I am a faithful reader, and I had to comment just to say I am so sorry for your loss. It hurt my heart to hear about the passing of your mom, and your family is in my prayers. I love the above quote, and find that faith can help us through our darkest times.

21. Esther B says:

Aimee, We have been praying for your family since I read about Mark’s illness. So sorry about the sudden loss of your mother. We will continue to pray for all of you.

22. Aimee, you are going through the suffering that we know is part of life. But it is being poured out on you in a heavy way right now! It is so encouraging to read of your faith and joy in the midst of these trials and I know it is a testimony to everyone who reads your blog. Saying a prayer for you today!
    For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Jer. 29:11