Simple Solutions for Organizing

April 2, 2014 by 9 Comments

Have you ever noticed that certain surfaces in your home are a magnet for clutter and some spaces are notorious for being messy?!?  The key to organization is finding solutions that are easy to maintain.  Here are some of my favorite Simple Solutions for Organizing…

1.  Kitchen Spices DIY Storage spice cabinet allows me to see all of my spices easier.

MORE Kitchen Organization Ideas

Spices Organization ItsOverflowing

2.  Attach shower curtain rings on a vintage wooden hanger to store scarves.

Organizing Scarves ItsOverflowing

3.  Add hooks to a picture frame without glass or backing to create a jewelry organizer.

MORE Girl Room Storage Ideas

Jewelry Organizer ItsOverflowing

3.   Repurpose a Tic Tac dispenser as a bobby pin holder.

Organizing the Bathroom ItsOverflowing

4.  Use a cleaning supply bucket as shoe storage in a child’s closet.

MORE Shoe Storage Solutions

Organizing Kids Shoes ItsOverflowing

5.  Switch a dish drying rack into a coloring station.

MORE Magazine Storage Solutions

Organizing-Color-Books-Markers-ItsOverflowing-4-1

6.  Store paper children’s books on a bookcase in a magazine holder.

MORE Book Storage Solutions

How to Store Paper Books ItsOverflowing

7.  Use binder clips to keep cords easy to find on a desk or nightstand.

MORE Office Desk Solutions

Organizing Apple Cord ItsOverflowing

8.  Turn a few mason jars on their side, glue them together, and use to sort writing utensils.

MORE Organizing with Mason Jars

Pen Storage - ItsOverflowing

9.  Update the look of a golf ball holder, then use it to organize and store thread.

Thread Storage ItsOverflowing

9.  Use the inside of an Ottoman as a file cabinet.

How to Declutter a House

How to Store Files ItsOverflowing

10.  Store flower clips, hair bows, and headbands in kitchen canisters.

MORE Bow Organization Ideas

Organizing Bows

11.  Hang items worn often, like tanks and undergarments, on the back of a closet door.

For Winter – Organizing Sweaters

Hanging Tanks

12.  Hang household cleaners from a tension rod, under the sink in the bathroom or kitchen.

Tension-Rod-for-Household-Cleaners-ItsOverflowing

MORE Get It Organized Ideas

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

9 Responses to “Simple Solutions for Organizing”
  1. Diana says:

Thanks Aimee, these are such good ideas. I have the worst time with getting things in “there” place.

2. Tammy says:

Great ideas….thanks for sharing!

3. Super ideas. I definitley need the rod for spray bottles. Hugs, marty

4. Linda says:

Great suggestions! I use a see through hanging shoe rack for my scarves as I hadn’t thought of the hanger and shower curtain solution.

5. Can you come and organize my home! I think since I started blogging I am messier than ever! Thanks for all these wonderful suggestions. LOVE the idea of using a giant clip to organize my cords… beats feeling all over the floor near my bed for them!

6. Betty819 says:

Just found your site via way of Pinterest. That idea for your spices where your stud cut the boards for you. That would be perfect for my DH’s medications. The cabinet where we keep the medications is not very wide or deep..right now I have them in 3 different baskets like one might use inside a drawer. I’ve looked at the ready made ones for spices in the container Store but they are too wide. Your idea would work I think..

We have a similar Trash can thingy like yours but when you push the door closed, the trash bags get hung up in the hanging thing and you end up picking the plastic out of the mechanism in shreds..Whoever installed these cabinets didn’t put a bottom for the trash cans to sit on, so they hang onto the frame inside where the plastic bags get caught. Need a handy, handyman or new mechanism period!

Love your scarf hanging idea. I am currently using clear shower curtain rings on annother type of hangar and they all bunch up and slide from one end to another. Have seen some scarf hangers in stores but they are so expensive but theirs might do the trick! Or maybe more scarves! Guess I’m not a fashionable scarf wearing person.

• Aimee says:

Thanks for your fun comment Betty!!! You made my day!!! Yes — the DIY Spice Cabinet would work perfectly for meds, too!! Now you have my wheels turning again. LOL. Glad you stopped by!!! XO, Aimee

7. Shanice says:

I love these ideas! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party

8. Awesome! I love the kids shoes idea as my oldest is always losing his shoes! Thank you so much for sharing at ABFOL!