Today, we have another great craft in our series, A Craft Made By You. Kelli + Kristi of Lolly Jane, an eclectic craft & DIY blog are sharing an inexpensive and simple tutorial with us today. They’ve seen embroidery hoop chalkboard art all over blog land (and Pinterest, of course) but this is their first time personally testing it out. The verdict is in, you guys: they LOVE it! They attended a local craft night a few months ago and learned from the best, Recipe for Crazy! Her hoops are just darling! Here’s how they made this adorable wall art!
• Embroidery Hoop
• Scrap Fabric (10: 18″ strips)
• Cut coordinating fabric into 18″ strips.
• Wrap first fabric strip at the base of the hoop, no gluing required, just keep wrapping.
• At the end, use a little piece of double sided tape to hold it. (Hot glue if desired, optional.)
• Cut chalkboard vinyl to size.
• Place vinyl inside hoop, tighten.
• Chalk it up, get creative!
• (Note: Season vinyl first by rubbing chalk across vinyl once, erase then chalk away!)
If you love hoops, also check out our embroidery hoop spheres! We’re all about cute & quick crafts, knock off home decor, easy recipes and home improvement tricks, tips + projects! Please visit our all of our DIY posts here on Creative Home then head over to our blog, Facebook, Pinterest or Insta to keep up with our latest and greatest. A big thanks to the gorgeous Aimee for letting us snag her post today! XOXO
More Fun Craft Ideas