French Country House Tour

June 13, 2014 by 15 Comments

It is time for another Dreamy Dwelling Home Tour!  I know many of you have followed my brief updates over the last eighteen months as my brother-in-law, Mark has courageously fought brain cancer.  Last Thursday, cancer finally lost it’s fight.  Mark is now in the place that he’d longed to be, in heaven with His loving Savior.  We will all be grieving for a long time to come.  I’ve been in Louisville, KY for the last ten days with my sister and her three babies trying to offer a little support after such a long season of suffering.   Today we are loading an airplane to my house, a little getaway for Anna’s family and a fun reunion with my little family.   As I’ve felt a homesick, I’ve peeked at some of Dallas’ finest real estate!  I fell in love with this beautiful French Country House Tour and am so excited to share it with you.

Country French Tudor House Tour

The texture in this kitchen is beautiful.  I love the seagrass wallpaper and the gorgeous hardwood floors.  And the natural light from those windows is totally dreamy!

Country French Tudor House Tour-4

I have been on a crazy hunt for the right chandelier for my dining room (which has a ceiling fan from the prior residents).  This chandelier and beautiful drapes are totally elegant.  I love how this room is totally timeless.

Country French Tudor House Tour-5

Country French Tudor House Tour-2

A single monogram on the towels, and a matte/high gloss stripe combination on the walls in this hall bathroom.

Country French Tudor House Tour-3

Another look at the family room — love the three mirrors stacked on top of each other on that back wall.

Country French Tudor House Tour-6

This kitchen makes me so anxious to paint my cabinets and switch the breakfast bar into an island.  LOVE!

Country French Tudor House Tour-7

The master suite makes me excited for the upholstered bed I plan on making in the guest room.  So many ideas, so little time.  Anyone relate!??!  I love the bench and art behind the bedside table lamps, too!

Country French Tudor House Tour-8

As much as I love the chandelier above the dining room in this house, I think I would have used this chandelier instead above the dining room table!  This bathroom is so beautiful.  I love every single feature!

Country French Tudor House Tour-9

Sweet Little Girl’s Room — cute color and fun rug

Country French Tudor House Tour-10

I love the bed and horse art in this bedroom as well!

Country French Tudor House Tour-11

Sweet Pintuck Duvet and Toile Shams in the Guest Room.

Country French Tudor House Tour-12

And the patio — oh my goodness!  You know I have a crush on pergolas — here!  Such a pretty space for backyard entertaining!

Country French Tudor House Tour-13

Gorgeous, don’t you think!  What did you love about this house?!

More fabulous House Tours (here).

Linking up atSavvy Southern StyleBetween Naps on the Porch

Comments

15 Responses to “French Country House Tour”
  1. Karen Jerread says:

I am so very sorry for your loss and my prayers are for the entire family. May the peace and joy of all the sweet and wonderful memories quickly replace any pain.

2. Kim says:

My deepest sympathies, Aimee. Your family has been through such great losses. Praying for you and your loved ones.

I love this house. Thanks for sharing.

3. laura says:

so sorry for your loss keeping u in my thoughts and prayers love the house pinning now!! ((hugs))

4. So sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.
    -Shelley

5. So sorry to hear about your loss; praying for your family that God’s peace and comfort would embrace you all.

6. carol jane says:

very beautiful. I was happy to see some color in the bedrooms. deeply sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

7. Diana says:

Thanks Aimee, have a safe trip sending lots of hugs your way.

8. antiquechase says:

Sorry about your Brother In Law.

9. MaggieM says:

I love the warm colors throughout this gorgeous French Country Manor. This is exactly how I want to paint my next “dream” home. The kitchen in this home is totally perfect!

I, too, am sorry to hear of your recent loss. God bless.

10. Jo-Anne says:

Oh how I loved all these photos

11. Lydia Wagner says:

So glad y’all are home together. I see some sweet sister moments in your near future.

And that master bath is just gorgeous!! I want to herringbone some tile!! :)

12. I’m a foodie, but had to stop and comment. This is the best house I have ever seen. It is perfect in every way.

Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

13. Cindy says:

Beautiful! Love the kitchen. Hope you’ll hop over and share at AMAZE ME MONDAY…
    Blessings,
    Cindy

14. Nina says:

Loved the French Country House Tour thanks so much for posting. Being a ‘Francophile’ I really appreciated it and loved so much of it, my favourite being the Basket chandelier in the bathroom. I’ll be following more of your posts. Thanks Nina

15. Mindy says:

So sorry to hear the loss of your brother in law. I have been following your posts and praying for him as well as you all. Though the grieving is great when we lose a loved one I am so grateful for the promise that we will reunite with them once again. Your sister is blessed to have time away and your family to love on her and her children.