Grieving Season – Share Your Creativity

June 7, 2014 by 28 Comments

Welcome to Share Your Creativity Party • No. 116.  This week my baby girl graduated from elementary school and summer finally arrived.  I wasn’t at home for those incredibly special moments because my amazing brother-in-law Mark also lost his battle against brain cancer this week here.  My heart is totally broken, but I find comfort in John 11:35 – Jesus wept.  He cried because His loved ones were heartbroken over Lazarus’ death. He felt deep sadness, too.  Grieving is such a painful process.  I look forward to the sweet day when we are all together again in heaven.   I have been here in Kentucky with my baby sister and her three sweeties and am not sure how much longer we will stay here before driving back to Texas together — home for me, a visit for Anna. Thanks for your continued prayers for me and my family in this incredibly hard grieving season.

Jesus Wept

And now it’s — PARTY TIME! I’m real glad you stopped by to share your amazing creations and ideas! While you’re here, take a few minutes to check out other projects linked below, you’ll totally be inspired!

………………………………………

Party Details.

• This Party is open to any project or idea you made or created and would like to share this week.

• Please do not link to etsy shops or to a giveaway.

• Please add the party button to your post — code below– or add a visible linkback to the party so others can be inspired to join the fun.

• I love to feature creative projects – by submitting a link to this party you are giving authorization for your project to be featured. Featured links will include a photo and a link back to your site.

Share Your Creativity Party Button.

ItsOverflowing

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

28 Responses to “Grieving Season – Share Your Creativity”
  1. I am so deeply sorry for your family’s loss. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

2. My condolences to your family. Sending you all positive thoughts. Thank you for still posting the party at such a difficult time.

3. Oh Aimee, I am so sorry for your loss. This has been such a terribly sad time for you all. Thank God you have each other and your immense and strong faith in God. I think of you often and will be praying for you at this terrible time.

Please congratulate your sweet daughter from us-how exciting to have graduated from Elementary school! My daughter graduates from high school at the end of the year (our summer) so I am getting ready for a big milestone as well!

Blessings and love to you all.

Natasha in Oz

4. Nikki says:

Oh Aimee, I am so sorry to hear this. I am praying for you and your family.

5. Jane B says:

Your sister and Mark have been in my thoughts lately. I was not getting your posts (and many others) for quite a while due to the problems with Feedburner, etc. Today your post showed up in my email…and I see that Mark has lost his battle with cancer. Even knowing he is in a better place and with God does not take away the sadness and sense of loss. My heartfelt sympathy and prayers for your family and in particular, for your sister and the children. God bless all of you.

6. I am so sorry for your loss. You were right where you should have been. Your sister will need you so much in the days to come. Your daughter will face many milestones that you will be able to celebrate. As a mom and grammy, I too, want to be there for every occasion. hugs

7. Jenna says:

Thank you for the party Aimee AND the inspirations~

8. Aimee…my heart hurts with yours. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to have so much heartache, but I know that your sister is so blessed to have you with her. Praying for you these days. And yes…isn’t it comforting to know that Jesus knows your pain and collects your tears.

[hugs]

9. I’m so sorry for what you’ve been going through. My prayers are with you. Sending you and your family lots of hugs and healing prayers.

10. Diana says:

Sending love and prayers to you and your family Aimee. My greatest hope is that you find healing with Gods help, soon.

11. Denise says:

Oh Aimee, what a season of grief indeed. So sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family. May you feel God’s arms wrapped around you all.

12. Oh, Aimee I am so sorry for all of the suffering you have endured this year! Thankfully you have the comfort in knowing they are in heaven with Jesus and you will see them again someday soon. Plenty of wonderful things are in store for you very soon! You deserve it!

13. I remember praying for them. I just read the final chapter in his story. Oh my goodness. You grieve for your sister and those precious children and for yourself and your loss. Oh my goodness. Prayers for you as you continue this journey. Take the time you need to grieve. Grief is personal and different for everyone. Allow yourself and encourage your sister to feel whatever she feels, the good and the bad. God is God and he can even handle the questions and anger. Those times will come even for the Christian.

14. Aimee, prayers for you and your family during this time of grief. May you feel the comfort of our Lord Jesus Christ surround you daily. And find peace in knowing he is no longer suffering, but made whole again.

15. Ginger says:

Aimee, I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. A difficult season, indeed. Praying for all of your, that the Holy Spirit will comfort you.

16. So very sorry to hear of your families loss. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be. Praying for peace for each of you.
    ~ Ashley

17. Tammy says:

I have been following your families story and I’m so sorry to read the last chapter of his life. But, I know he is living his eternal life and someday you all will be together again. I pray your family has peace during this time.

18. Shannon says:

My prayers are with you and your family. What a trying you week you have had. Thanks for still wanting to host this party, and having such a great Bible verse to kick it off.

Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

19. Oh sweetie, I’m so sorry for all that your family is going through. You were in my thoughts this morning and will continue to be in my thoughts.
    Thanks for hosting,
    KC

20. Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Will keep your entire family in my prayers and ask for peace and healing.

21. I’m so, so sorry for your (and your family’s) loss. I’m sending thoughts and prayers your way.

-Mel the Crafty Scientist

22. Kathi Riemer says:

I am so sorry for your loss. He will give you strength.

23. Sandra says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. May the grace of God comfort you.

24. cece says:

I have only been following for a short time… But yet long enough to have learned of the great loss in your family in the recent months. My heart breaks for both you and your sister and the little ones… May God truly be your comfort and support during all of this!

25. Beverly says:

I pray that God’s peace and his promises sustain you in this time of grieving.

26. Aimee – I’m so very sorry. Your family’s faith is truly inspirational.

27. so very sorry for your loss, and your family’s loss.

28. Sallie says:

You will be the strength that your sister needs. Prayers to all of you.