Boost Your Home WiFi

July 9, 2014 by 9 Comments

We’ve lived here for almost a year!?!   Sadly, for about a year we’ve been paying extra each month on my iPhone data plan.  Oops!  I didn’t notice when I was surfing the web from the comfort of my bed that I was out of my home WiFi range!  Life has been crazy for my little family this year or I’m sure I would have caught on earlier, at least that’s my excuse.  I’m done with excuses!  Instead of being totally bugged by wasted money, I’m choosing to be excited about my new way to Boost Your Home WiFi.

Boost Your Home WiFi @ItsOverflowing

Our wireless router is in the family room — the range doesn’t span the whole house.  AND.  Our wireless is through a cable provider so there’s not an easy way to relocate the router to another wall.  When I finally realized the reason I was going over was the lack of coverage in my house, I started looking around for a solution.  I’m loving what I found!!!  I ordered a Wireless Internet Booster and it picks up the signal from my  home wifi and extends the strong signal all the way through my master room — no more overage from using my phone in areas WiFi doesn’t reach!  And its small size and wall-mounted design makes it easy to start using it right away and simple to move around if ever necessary.

TV Console @ItsOverflowing

And with the extra dollars saved, hopefully we’ll get to the kitchen remodel in the next couple months!?!

More Simple Tips (here)

These are a few of my FAVORITE things!

Comments

9 Responses to “Boost Your Home WiFi”
  1. Pamela says:

Hooray! You just solved my problem. Our master has slooooooooow to no wireless too. Love this.

2. Sandra says:

This is something I will look into. Our spare bedroom/home office is the worst spot in the house to receive a signal and our router is in the basement. Thank you for sharing this.

3. Diana says:

Aimee,
    Love love the piece of furniture your tv is on.. I just moved & need a piece
    for my tv..where did you find your fabulous furniture?
    Thank you!!

• Aimee says:

Hi Diana! Thanks so much!!! It is a bedroom dresser that I wasn’t using in the master any longer. It’s Gramercy Park by Lane. XO, Aimee

4. Donna says:

This solves a problem we have at our home, as well! Thank u so much for posting this. Our router is on the main floor and we have a teenager in an upstairs bedroom who just got an iphone & she says it doesn’t work as well up there as it does in other parts of the house. Again, huge THANKS!

5. Susan says:

I have never been able to get wifi in my bedroom particularly with the door shut. It didn’t matter when we had unlimited data on our phones, but we recently switched to a new plan. I had no idea this was a thing until I saw your blogpost! Mine arrived today and I now have perfect wifi in my room!

6. Helen says:

Aimee, so happy to see this Booster. Thanks for calling attention to it.

7. Hello!
    Thanks for the great post. I have been looking for a solution to my laptop not getting a great signal from our router. Wondering if you know if there is a difference between a booster and an amplifier? Thanks for the input!

8. Kim says:

Good to know. I think we need this, too.