New Fabric for My Piano Bench

July 10, 2014 by 59 Comments

The other day Little B and I went to Hobby Lobby in search of New Fabric for My Piano Bench.  As much as I like white, this seat is not machine washable and after many years of use, its looking overly loved.  Time for a quick DIY update!

New Fabric for My Piano Bench @ItsOverflowing

Above, did you notice the WiFi booster plugged in by the piano?  Read why I love it (here).  Now back to that piano update — before heading out, I measured the bench — it takes 5/8 of a yard of my favorite fabric(s).  We had trouble limiting it to a couple — so we picked up a some of my favorites and some of Little B’s favorites — a total of five to bring home and try in the room.  Lucky day, fabrics were on sale!

Covering Piano Bench @ItsOverflowing 2

One.

Covering Piano Bench @ItsOverflowing 3

Two.

Covering Piano Bench @ItsOverflowing 6

Three.

Covering Piano Bench @ItsOverflowing 5

Four.

Covering Piano Bench @ItsOverflowing 4

Five.

Hobby Lobby Fabrics @ItsOverflowing 7

I have my favorite and Little B has hers — which fabric do you think works best in the living room!?!  Small print or large print?  Cream, White, Black, or Gray?  Opinions!?!?

Tall Upright Piano @ItsOverflowing 2

On the couch I still have my light pink pillow covers, but they won’t be staying long — I’m ready for a change!!!  They’ll make an appearance again around Easter.

IKEA Ektorp Sofas @ItsOverflowing

Okay, one last time — which is your favorite fabric for my piano bench!?!  1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5

Hobby Lobby Fabrics @ItsOverflowing

Previous Updates on Our Traditional Home

Linking up at: Savvy Southern Style, Between Naps on the Porch

Comments

59 Responses to “New Fabric for My Piano Bench”
  1. I love the butterflies!! So sweet and simple.

2. Sandy says:

I love five with the dark wood of the piano.

3. Nancy says:

My choice would be 2. Fresh and updated look.

4. Jane B says:

1st choice is #1 the butterflies! That choice adds a little pop and a surprise to the room so I just love it. I’m betting a dime that is your B’s favorite too ;)
    I know you didn’t ask, but my 2nd choice would be #5…

5. Patty says:

Number 2…sofa pillows in same fabric!

6. Lisa Archer says:

I like 4. I think it blends with your other colors and patterns.

7. nan, odessa, DE says:

Number 4444444444444444444444444444444444444444

Keep going with the rug colors. You will change many things about this room but the rug, NOT AS OFTEN!

8. Betty says:

Five! Hands down!

9. Love #5! Brings the lightness of the room and the dark wood of the piano together. Such a cute living room!

10. The grey would match the rug and would not clash with other accents in the room such as your pillows, books, lamps and decor. Anything “loud” may be a problem in the future.