03/19/12

Chalkboard Paint Easter Eggs

I love Chalkboard Paint.  It’s multifunctional and is the perfect contrast for all the white I use in my decor.  I love Decorating Easter Eggs!  Check out my chalkboard paint Easter eggs.
I had some leftover chalkboard paint from various projects, like my Halloween Wreath.  I set my hard boiled eggs on a small sliver of toilet paper roll to keep my fingers cleaner…my kids loved that.  LOL. My little finger saving trick did leave a ridge along the edge of where the egg met the holder, but since it’s all about fun, it didn’t bug me a bit…neither did my sweet B’s.
If you’re more patient than I and use thinner coats you can probably alleviate the line…I’m not exactly a chilled crafter!  I like the results a little more than the process at time.  Yikes!  I hope that doesn’t disappoint you!  Needless to say, that’s why all my crafts are usually, SIMPLE!

I picked up some edible grass, green apple flavor and tossed it in the bowl.  My sweet B’s LOVE this stuff…even though it’s taste is bland and texture similar to astronaut food.  They’re all about having candy at their reach!

I tossed the hardboiled eggs on top of the grass and since they were all tucked in their beds, I had some fun decorating myself!  That’s the beauty of chalkboard paint, the craft fun lives on and on and on!
My package of chalk was all of 99 cents at Target and thinking of different designs was totally FUN!
So where am I keeping it!?!?  I set my bowl and chalk right smack dab in the middle of my coffee table…candy, chalk and eggs ALL!  And yep, it was ALL smiles in the morning from my sweet B’s!  In fact, I think these sweet eggs have had about a thousand lives already!  I’m always amazed by the creativity of children
Aren’t they DARLING! {Cowboys and Rangers are both represented here.}

I love the simplicity of Little B’s sweet flower!

I know it’s old school, but I just think chalkboard paint totally ROCKS!  Definitely come back tomorrow morning and follow along with all the AWESOME egg ideas my bloggy friends have come up with…you’ll be in L.O.V.E. and totally INSPIRED.

Inspired by Budget Celebrations

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. anon says:

It’s very cute – but hardboiled eggs? You’re surely not eating these and they would spoil. Have you done them with eggs with the inside blown out? Would that work as well?

2. Shannah @ Just Us Four says:

These eggs are so cute! Love this idea and I bet the kids had a blast drawing on the eggs.

3. Cute, cute, cute! What a delightful idea! Love the edible grass, too. I really want to try this. Love it – thanks so much for the tutorial. I’m not a patient crafter, either, so thanks for being honest about that. Now I know that I can do this 🙂
    Resa ~ Pitcher and Plate

4. Amanda says:

Fun idea! I’ve seen wooden eggs at Hobby Lobby (in the wood crafts section) – I think I will use those so we can redecorate them every year! No worry about smell or eating chemicals too. 🙂

5. What a fun idea. Would have never used chalkboard paint on eggs but I bet the kids had so much fun decorating and re-decorating! Pinning now!

6. Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com says:

Love this idea! 😉

7. This is so neat.

8. Dear Lillie says:

So cute! We did this this year too! Our poor eggs started stinking though after about ten days. Next year I will try to remember to wait until closer to Easter – haha! We did them a little too far in advance this year.

9. Trish Atkinson says:

My kids would love these! Very creative, good job! – Trish tdadecoratinganddesign.blogspot

10. Thanks for sharing this brilliant idea. its fantastic and looks beautiful chalkboard paint Easter egg. Its very easy to make at home. I like so much this creative post. You have done fantastic work.

11. The DIY Show Off says:

Super cute, Aimee! I know it’s been shared everywhere but I’m going to include a link back in my Easter highlights tomorrow too. 😉 Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!

12. Julie says:

Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:

13. Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com says:

A week later and we’re still drawing on them…no stench yet! My sweeties really wanted to work with the real thing, but plastic eggs would work too as long as you watch the dry time. I wouldn’t recommend eating them just in case the fumes or chemicals from the paint, penetrated beyond the shell!?!? XO, Aimee

14. Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com says:

Thanks so much!!! XO, Aimee

15. Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com says:

A week later and we’re still drawing on them…no stench yet! My sweeties really wanted to work with the real thing, but plastic eggs would work too as long as you watch the dry time. I wouldn’t recommend eating them just in case the fumes or chemicals penetrated beyond the shell!?!? XO, Aimee

16. Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage says:

You had me at chalkboard! So fun – definitely pinning this one!
    So glad you joined our Cinch party!
    Kelly

17. Anonymous says:

Do you think the chalkboard paint would work on the plastic eggs? I would not want my family eating eggs that had been covered in paint and then sat out all day in a basket 😉

• Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com says:

Chalkboard Paint would work on plastic eggs, too. Just be sure to follow the dry time on your paint can. You will need two good coats. The paint can be found in spray or brush form. Spray would probably be easier for covering eggs, but I had the brush type in the garage and it worked great for me. My sweeties wanted to be a part of decorating “real” eggs so we used hard boiled eggs, but we definitely won’t be eating the eggs!!! 🙂 Good thought!!!

XO, Aimee

18. Small Holdings Farm says:

The best Easter Eggs I’ve ever seen! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back at http://smallholdings.blogspot.com Thanks, Sherron

19. luvGodncountry says:

What an AWESOME idea!!! I am going to have to try this with my 6 year old!!! I pinned it too! I found you on The36thAvenue linky party!! I love your blog you have such a great talent! Stop by and visit me anytime and have a most blessed week. Going to go follow you on all my social network outlets!!

20. Eliza says:

SO fun!

21. Julie says:
  22. Judy says:

That is so great. I love the idea of the chalk paint. I would love for you to come and link up to my party going on right now. Hope to see you there.

23. Elizabeth says:

We are avoiding dyes around here and I was wondering what we could do for Easter. This is a GREAT idea!! Thank you 😀

24. Krissy Sherman Bonning says:

Love these! I bet the kids do, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

25. Ann says:

Very clever idea! And, such fun.

26. Kate says:

These are great! I had to pin these for when I get around to dying eggs.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Your newest follower,
    Kate

27. Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) says:

Awesome idea and I love your job!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

28. Amy says:

I’ve never seen this! This is wonderful. Super idea and tutorial.

Amy {aprons & ambition}

29. Bliss says:

I will be stopping back to see what new ideas for eggs are posted. I am already thinking about making some chalkboard ones.

~Bliss~

30. Diane says:

I really have to try this! Thanks for sharing your fun idea.

31. Deanne says:

Great idea!!!!!!

32. Stephanie says:

Fun! My daughter would love this!

33. ✿ⒹⒺⒺ✿@ A Lapin Life says:

Very cute!!!

Dee

34. The Vintage Chateau says:

What a fun idea! I may give these a try. And edible Easter grass? Too funny.
    Karee