Create a Kids Game: Awesome Indoor FUN!

November 5, 2012 by 20 Comments

One of my besties, aka my MIL (Zu Haus at Home) stayed with us for a few days recently and as usual, we had a blast arranging and rearranging.  My favorite creation was our DIY Autumn: Tic Tac Toe Table.  My sweeties are loving that we were able to create a kids game for them…it’s a perfect activity for my sweeties when I’m busy in the kitchen. I love that it was simple to create and is just as simple to remove!  Definitely a Kid’s Table Centerpiece Fave!

This is crazy simple, you’ll be shocked!  We taped a grid on the table using washi tape.  Gigi used a tape measure as a general guide so the squares would be even.  My sweeties had a blast helping her each step of the way!   And the game pieces…Pumpkins…since we have tons of them laying around.

I can’t count how many games my sweeties have played on their Simple DIY Table Tic Tac Toe…endless it seems!  Each game there are a few moments of deep analytical focus…AND…

…TONS of laughter to the point of tears!  I love my little pumpkins so much!!!

I love having an awesome activity to play, while I’m busy preparing our favorite Thanksgiving baked goods and meals!  Thanks Gigi for your inspiration!  My sweeties are loving it so much that they’ve requested we keep the tape on the table indefinitely.  Just to double check my tables condition, I peeled a piece off to double check that this super easy to remove tape was really still harmless after 5 days…absolutely!   I’m thinking it may have a time span that goes beyond Thanksgiving.  Perhaps it’ll be covered with pine cones next month for Christmas!?!

Vlog:  Table Tic Tac Toe in Action!

Music by Seeds Worship
Interested in more Thankgiving Craft Ideas…you’ll LOVE these!

Comments

20 Responses to “Create a Kids Game: Awesome Indoor FUN!”
  1. Kara says:

Such a fun idea Aimee! I love their faces in the last photo. So darn cute!

2. ColleenB. says:

What a Wonderful idea.
    Your children are adorablee smiles on their faces….Precious

3. Kim says:

I did not know she was your mother in law. Nice to know. Looks like y’all had fun.

4. Fun times!! My turn….come and play at my house : )

5. What a cool idea! I can hardly wait to share this with my daughter-in-law. My precious grandsons will love it! Thanks for the inspiration, and I like the idea of changing it for different holidays. Cherry Kay

6. Oh my word, how fun is this. I love the video Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

7. Judy says:

That looks super cute and so much fun. I think my kids would love that. I would love for you to link this up to my Fall into Fall party going on right now. Hope to see you there.

8. What a cute idea – and I love the photos of the kids!

9. Jordan says:

Oh my gosh! Lol I love this idea! So clever, I’m gonna have to find some white pumpkins now :)
    Thanks for sharing, found ya via the happy hour link up :)
    Your newest follower :)

10. angie says:

love it so very creative and lots of fun

come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

11. what a fun idea! thank you for sharing! ♥

12. Jan says:

May I use your post at my Goddesschess blog? One of the things I feature there is board games. Tic/tac/toe is very ancient. The Egyptians who built the pyramids built it and left behind their boards scratched into the stonework 4500 years ago! What a clever idea and best of all, you can just remove the tape whenever you want and get your tabletop back good as new.

13. What a creative idea, Aimee! Not only will it keep kids of all ages entertained, but it makes a festive table setting.

Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Be sure to stop in tonight to see yourself featured.

Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

14. Very creative game.. something very unique..

15. Tammy says:

What a great idea…love it! Looks like so much fun! Would love it if you came by and shared it at http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/09/share-it-one-more-time-at-one-more-time.html
    Hope to see you there… Hugs Tammy

16. This looks like a lot of fun! I love how the table cloth had the grid on it. I have pinned this post.

17. I really love this! What a great way to use tiny pumpkins! : )