05/30/12

How to Make a Sponge Ball – Summer Water Fun!

Sponge Balls + Bucket of Water = Summer Fun for Kids!
Summer Water Fun
This week I’m sharing fun summer fun activities for my sweeties {and yours, too}.
After checking out several stores, I found the best sponge deal at Walgreens…9 for $2.99!
I cut each sponge into three pieces lengthwise –
removing the wavy portion on both sides of each sponge.
Place the pieces in order as pictured above,
six pieces layered across and stacked three pieces high.
Place a piece of jute string under the sponges along the center.
Wrap the string around the sponges and pull it tight.  Tie the string in a double knot.
Tah Dah….a Sponge Ball!
Summer Water Fun
Trim the string, finish dinner, and WIPE that face!
Summer Water Fun
Brother vs. Brother…dinner’s over…it’s on!
Summer Water Fun
Easy going on the first dunk.
Non-stop Running, Laughter and LOTS and LOTS of Water Bombing!
Way better than a water balloon fight…and the cool thing…
the battle will continue all Summer long…they’ve already
made me promise they can do it all over again tomorrow!
TOTAL Summer Water Fun!
Summer Water Fun

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Melissa French, The More With Less Mom says:

Thanks for sharing! I linked to this post in my Glow Party series.

2. Tara says:

This will be perfect for the 5 (8 year old) boy playdate that will be happening at my house next weekend. Thank you soooo much for this idea!

• Oh my! Yes — this is perfect for next weekends plans!!! You’re such a sweet mom! XO, Aimee

3. Sue D. says:

Great idea, going to make some for the grandsons! And I like the follow-up idea of indoor (no water) play too. Considering the temps are in hte 90’s here, I can’t make them soon enough!

4. Angela says:

There’s are great, just finished make my first sponge ball, can’t wait to try it out, thanks for sharing!!

5. Independent Scentsy Consultant Terri Smith says:

Love this idea! Why didn’t we think of this as kids. So time consuming to tie up all those balloons and Mom was NEVER happy with all that water on the floor!

6. Susie @Bowdabra says:

Guess what?? We are still loving this project! You are in our Top 12 Feature Friday Post from 2012. We loved it so much that you are one of the top 12 featured blog projects submitted into our Feature Friday Linky.

Thank you for sharing your talents with us in 2012. We can’t WAIT to see what you will share in 2013. We would LOVE to feature a fun project from your blog on our blog’s SHOW N TELL feature. It can be a project that you have on your blog, recipe or anything fun! Please email me at susie@bowdabra.com and let me know if there is a project I can get from your blog or if you have something new. Your blog would get the link back to your blog plus we would share it with all our social media sites.

Thanks and have a Happy 2013.

Susie and the entire Bowdabra Team!

7. Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE says:

I featured your project on my blog today… Love it!

8. luvGodncountry says:

My six year old will LOVE THIS! Great idea.

9. Susie @Bowdabra says:

Thank yo so much for linking this up to our Crafty Showcase. We’ve enjoyed looking at it all this week and watching all the clicks were you getting on it from the link up. So I’m here to tell you CONGRATS that this post was our #1 most clicked link with well over 100 hits. We are featuring you on our blog today, facebook page, twitter and pinterest! Stop over and see your feature!

Don’t forget to stop in on Saturday-Thur and link up some more of your awesome ideas.

Have a super weekend and a fab summer!

Susie @Bowdabra

10. Crafty Mischief says:

Aren’t these the best? My kids love the ones we made last summer! They even played with them in the winter (in the house and without the water, of course!) They’re the only balls they’re allowed to throw in the house.

11. Taylor-Ann says:

So fun. The kids will all love this. It would be awesome if you shared this with my readers at Show Off Mondays on Kampen Lane.

~Taylor-Ann
    kampenlane.com

12. Julie says:

I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:

13. Susie @Bowdabra says:

Whoa! This is awesome! We love stopping in at your blog!

We hope that you will stop back over and share this in our weekly Crafty Showcase (Sat-Thur) with the Featured links on Friday. It would be an honor if you would stop over and link up this fun crafty idea post or any others you want to share!

Have a great weekend!

Susie

14. Anonymous says:

If you have a Fred’s (like a Dollar General), I found bags of sponges 8ct for $1. They are assorted sizes, but you are going to cut them anyway. I made 20 balls for $5!!

• Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com says:

That’s AWESOME! I wish I had one…maybe one of our readers do…thanks so much for sharing your good find!
      XO, Aimee

15. Nelly@DGInnovations says:

I wanna play!! Looks like fun for adults!!!

16. Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} says:

these look so fun! we will be making these soon 🙂

17. Deanne says:

This would be great fun for a summertime party!

18. Liz @ The HomeStyle says:

LOVE this!! I am so glad there are creative people like you in the world to give me great ideas. 🙂 Thanks for putting this on WFMW – that’s how I found you!

19. Lindsay says:

This looks like so much fun! I have most definitely got to try this with my little ones! Adorable children you have!

20. Emily Morgenstern says: