05/24/12

Spring Chic Picket Mantel

I was ready for a little mantel decor change, I’m calling this my…
Spring Chic Picket Mantel
I used things I have around the house, most of these
items may look familiar to you!  I just listened to a
conference call about Reduce-Reuse-Recycle – SO inspiring!
I had these 8×10 photographs developed
in a matte finish…that’s always my preference.
Remember these darling little frames {here}
that I created from a side of the road box find{here}!
I love the endless possibilities and how simple it is to change the entire look!
Clothespins were a great invention….painting them cute totally ROCKS!
I’m totally shocked by the strength of these mini-things!  They’re not budging!
The flower picture was a 25 cent find at one of my favorite thrift stores!
And down below you can see my cute Anthro Redo Candelabra {here}.
The mason jar is from my antique store shop on

our cross country road trip…best antique store EVER {here}!

You probably remember my cute pup from other mantel reveals!
{here} {here} {here}

And the candle holder was a wedding gift from my Aunt and Uncle…
I loved on it with my #1 language of love…SPRAY PAINT…our first year of marriage!
And the whimsical flowers are the only “fake” flowers I like…they’re from
Hobby Lobby…they’re a thin foam-like material and are absolutely adorable!
{If I do say so myself…any of you seen these at your store? Bought them?}
And that is totally the latest…well…I may have a couple other new items
to show you in my family room before long…um, yeah…pretty sure I do!
Enjoy your Spring weather…Summer is fast and furious on it’s way!

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Shannon from Bohemian Junktion says:

How cute! I like that it is simple but pops. Also, I like how you incorporated your family. I’m all about reducing, reusing, and repurposing. Can I ask if that call is available online?

2. These are absolutely adorable! I love them! Thanks for sharinmg such a great idea!!
    Christine
    ChrisW Designs

3. I featured your mantle today in my Mantle features post from “It’s a Spring Thing” Linky Party!! Thanks so much for sharing it -it’s so gorgeous in every detail, love the pretty frames! http://www.settingforfour.com/2013/03/its-spring-thing-mantle-features.html Have a fabulous week 😀

4. Amy says:

Your mantel looks wonderful and full of cheer. Yep, I have bought the same Hooby Lobby flowers. I also don’t normally buy artificial but these looked great.

Such a nice visit this morning.

Amy

5. Megin says:

Those frames are awesome! Pinning for later 🙂 And I love your pup, too!
    I found you today at Under the Table and Dreaming’s Linky. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of Vmg206

6. Adorable! Those frames are so unique!

7. Love this! It makes me crave spring all the more. This is so beautiful. I love the frames and clothes pins. I need a mantel too!

8. Love this !!!
    Francine

9. Jacqueline says:

Stunning! I love your mantel! I’m your newest follower & would love for you to stop by & follower me back! Have a great weekend! -Jacqueline

10. Crafty Mischief says:

I love the photos! I love the frames! I love it all! Thanks so much for sharing! 🙂

11. Heidi Lisa says:

Love, love, love the “picture frames” Gonna have to pin it!

12. Jennette says:

Wow, I just love the frames you made and using close pins is such a smart idea!!! Thanks for sharing 🙂

13. Debra @ Common Ground says:

This is such a great and original idea to show off your adorable family photos. I’ll be featuring this post on Vintage Inspiration Thurs. thanks so much for joining in!!

14. These are super cute!!!!
    LOVE the little clothespins to hang pictures!
    You are so clever, girl!

15. Hi there – I really, really, really like the frames. I was just looking at a whole mess of barn wood out in my. . . barn, and now I think I have an idea of what to do with some of it. Now, I’m off to hit your “subscribe” button!
    Glad to meet you!
    breida

16. Erika says:

I just found your blog–you are so creative! I like how you displayed the photos on the mantle. With the clothes pins it is so easy to swap the photos out. Love that touch.

~Erika
    It’s a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising

17. Art and Sand says:

What a sweet mantle. I love your frames.

18. Our Pinteresting Family says:

What a beautiful way to recycle! Your mantle is absolutely gorgeous!! Megan

19. Miss Charming says:

I love those frames and how easy it is to change the photo. Very creative and cute!

20. Kate says:

I love these so much!! I featured them on my post today.

Thanks for the inspiration!
    Kate

21. Maury Kilgo says:

This looks awesome! I love the pictures and the little accents, especially the candelabra. Can you come do my mantle? It’s needing some serious TLC.

22. Laurel@chippingwithcharm says:

LOVE those box sides for the photos…looks great 🙂 Laurel

23. Emily Morgenstern says:

I love this mantel, Aimee!! SO perfect!

Pinned!!

24. Vickie @ Ranger 911 says:

Your frames look fantastic on your spring mantel! You have a great imagination.

25. Artsy VaVa says:

I love the frames! Heading over now to see how you made them!!!

26. Princess Kate says:

What a wonderful job. Looks so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

27. Lindsay says:

This is GORGEOUS! I love the crisp white background of it all. You have a beautiful space to decorate. And those frames are my favorite! Great job, friend, great job!

28. Bonnie @ Uncommon says:

Love the photos on the “little pallets” !!

29. Shirley says:

How nice that you put these together. They look like they should be in a magazine. You sure thought outside the road box! LOL! Nice job.
    Enjoy your holiday weekend..

30. Kim @ Savvy Southern Style says:

Aimee, this looks so good. Love the photos displayed that way. Very unique.