Calm and Cozy Christmas Mantel

November 30, 2012 by 46 Comments

Growing up, I spent weeks traveling through Europe and ever since, I’ve always been enamored by simplicity of style.  After a year of busyness and rush I decided to close our year with a Calm and Cozy Christmas Mantel!

There’s nothing prestigious or flashy on my mantel.  I sought out items that were neutral and subtle.  And a few of the items I crafted myself.  It’s amazing to me how much my sweeties appreciate decor that I’ve taken the time to create…melts my heart.

The books on my mantel were a few that I had set aside to donate…usually I’m quick on purging things I’ve chosen to let go of (for fear I’ll change my mind).  This time it was a blessing that these books could be salvaged from my own little thrift pile.

A little peek at our tree…

The garland is made from airy white yarn and a bag of pom pom balls found at my craft store.  I explained how to make simple garlands a few months ago and I have to say it’s one of my favorite simple, home decor crafts each season!

Did you notice my wreath!?  I was inspired by Anthropologie (love that store).  If you want to learn how to make a faux tufted wool wreath I have all the details for you.

My candle holders are from ZGallerie and they are one of my favorite decor staples.   And while I’m on the topic of favorites, I love my IKEA finds so much.

This sweet framed card is from my recent trip with friends to Canton, TX (Trade Day).  It was $5 and is brushed with glitter.  I looked everywhere near for something just like it and totally did a happy dance when I laid eyes on it.  Vintage elements have an amazing way of warming rooms.

Have you been wanting some antlers to place here and there and everywhere?!  That was my story and then I ended up at just the right antique store.  $1 each…I grabbed all they had and nearly kissed the man who sold them to me.  (Thankfully at the last minute I decided a hug was sufficient).

I thought my ‘Christmas Mantel’ needed greenery, but after trying both live (thank you Home Depot for being so generous) and fake pine branches, I went outside the box and found the most yummy flocked branches.  I love the touch of coldness amongst the warmth of my wreath.

And last, but definitely not least, my sweet driftwood tree.  If you follow me on instagram you know I was totally stoked when I stumbled on this little treasure.  My driftwood tree was the inspiration for my entire mantel and its simple, natural texture is the perfect piece to close with.

Merry Christmas.  May it be a season of calmness in your soul and coziness in your home.

More About My Cozy and Calm Christmas {Here}

Comments

46 Responses to “Calm and Cozy Christmas Mantel”
  1. love the relaxing simple look! …it surely looks a lot like a white Christmas ;)

2. I love your mantle, like a soft winter “hush”. Simply beautiful….xo

3. Your mantel is gorgeous. I love the soft creams and tans. All of the elements of nature are just perfect. So, so pretty. Hugs, Marty

4. Vickie White says:

I love the driftwood tree!!! Is it handmade or bought?? Any suggestions on how I can make one??

Thanks!!!

5. Another winner of a mantel down to the last detail. The vintage print is a nice added surprise.
    Mary Alice

6. Kim Hites says:

I love your line “simplicity of style”. I’m getting there.

7. brittney says:

Oh, I love this! The pom garland, the vintage art…everything bespeaks stylish serenity. Nicely done!
    -Brittney

8. marissa says:

absolutely gorgeous as always. I needed this inspiration!

9. kelsey bang says:

i love the colors! so classy and calming! beautifully done!

10. Becca says:

A beautiful mantel, indeed! I love the simplicity of it … your handcrafted garland … and, your tree is gorgeous! Happy Holidays!

11. Your mantel is calm and beautiful. I love the quaintness of it all!

12. Kathy says:

You certainly have a gorgeous mantel. I love the white pom pom garland and the wreath is just beautiful!

13. Aimmee, your mantle looks so crisp and clean, but cozy! Love the pom pom garland. And, is it ok that I’m TOTALLY jealous of your antler steal? I can’t wait to come across a deal like that some day!

14. Tanya says:

Clean and beautiful. You have mastered decorating with white and keeping a warm mantel too, love it!

xoxo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

15. Runt says:

Very pretty. How come I can’t be a master designer? =]

16. I’m cheering for that fabulous pom pom banner!
    Kelly

17. Emily says:

This is so lovely, Aimee!

18. Kim says:

This all looks so fresh, Aimee. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

19. Donna Wilkes says:

So simple, serene and calming!

20. Jenn says:

So pretty Aimee! The pom pom garland is adorable!

21. jenny says:

So beautiful. I pinned it so I remember to try a pompom garland when Christmas is over and I want some winter wonderland inside! So fun!

22. It looks GREAT!! I love the soft natural color pallet and the pom-pom garland is to die for!

23. Cheryl says:

I too love simplicity. I like your cool, calm take on it. Off to read up on pom pom garlands.

24. Amy G says:

You said that little framed post card would be perfect. Now that I see it in its home I totally agree!!

25. Cecilia says:

It is very calm and cozy! Love the simplicity of it. (and isn’t Canton fun?!)

26. I love the simplistic feeling of your mantel and room! So gorgeous!

27. debra says:

reminds me of the feeling you get when you wake up to the first snowfall…all peaceful and white :)

28. Miriam says:

Just came across your blog. Love the simplicity, it’s refreshing and beautiful!

29. Jen says:

GORGEOUS! This is soooo pretty. I love the stacked, tied books. You have a great eye.

30. Rachel says:

Absolutely beautiful! I love how simple all the individual items are, but oh, they make such an impact all together. And I love the white fireplace, too–gorgeous! My fireplace is made of huge, orange-y stones and I’ve wondered if I should paint it white. Yours is beautiful. Great mantel decor!

31. Really beautiful and unique. I end up coming to your site through link-ups often – your style and projects always just catches my eye. I’m now following your blog through RSS and Twitter – I love your projects!

32. Tania says:

I LOVE your mantle, it’s so beautiful! Where did you get the driftwood tree… I’m looking for one for my beach themed bathroom.

Tania

33. Six Sisters says:

The mantel is just beautiful! We love it! Thanks for sharing on our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! Have a great weekend! -The Six Sisters

34. Loulou says:

How pretty and calming. I love the pompom garland. Actually I love all the elements!

35. Lish says:

Oh Aimee! This is beautiful! I love all the textures you’ve used, but yet its still so simple and classic!

36. I love the simplicity of your room! It does look very calm.

37. Linda says:

Your whites are stunning, and I’m totally with you when it comes to simplicity. Sometimes keeping it simple is harder than using lots of stuff!

38. Danielle says:

Very, very pretty. Love the driftwood tree.

39. Stacey says:

Just beautiful Aimee – calming, sweet, perfect!
    Thanks for linking up to the Christmas mantel party – so happy you did! And so glad we are hosting this fun party together :o)
    Stacey of Embracing Change

40. Roeshel says:

It’s a beautiful holiday mantel, Aimee and just like you describe…peaceful. I loved reading about each element, the mix of vintage, new and handmade really does create a warm atmosphere.