08/24/12

Fabulous Book Storage Solutions

Books are a huge passion of mine.  Here is some inspiration room decor with wonderful children’s book storage solutions.

This first room is dreamy from top to bottom and I love the ample storage it offers.

Elizabeth Sullivan Designs

DIY bookshelves turned creative reading nook with the addition of curtains.

These Moments of Mine

DIY and Budget Challenged!?  Ikea Spice Racks aren’t huge, but they are only $3.99 and a great option for a kid’s wall mounted bookshelf. (This is out of stock at my store…check your store inventory before heading that way).

Domestic Simplicity

Clear bookshelves to blend in with the room’s decor.

Clear Displays

Create a great book storage solution for young children by simply sewing slits into opposite sides of fabric, sliding a dowel through the opening of each side (each slit), and mounting it with two double curtain rod brackets.

Apartment Therapy

This is another great use of space between two windows and has tons of storage.  I’m always surprised how many books fit in a wall mounted bookshelf.

Martha Stewart

More floor to ceiling book displays in this sweet girlie room.

Daffodil Design

I love the the uniqueness of these numbered wall mounted bookshelves.  Super creative.

The Sweet Survival

Attach legs to an old drawer for a toddler height book storage solution.

Dejligheder

I’m not sure my boys would ever keep their books this organized, but the concept of storing children’s books in an old wagon is so fun for a boys bedroom.

Design on a Budget

This is such a fun way to store books in a child’s room, craft room, or maybe my office!?!?  I love storage solutions that make picking up very simple.  Update:  I built my own…click here to see my diy floating shelves.

Flickr

Stud built me floating shelves – tutorial, and I love them!

Build Bookshelves or Floating Shelves @Its_Overflowing

ItsOverflowing

I like the rustic, natural style to these book shelves.

JoJo’s Room

Why limit bookshelf storage to just one wall?  I love this collection of children’s books with a turned corner to squeeze in a few more books.

Ish and Chi

And here’s my tutorial on how to build a wall mounted bookshelf as seen in my boys bedroom.

It’s Overflowing

And if we planned on making this our forever home, I would clear away the closet doors on one of my boys closets and make them this reading nook.  Love it.

Design Sponge

SHARE THIS POST ON: Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest

Comments

1. Dominique says:

Stumbled on your blog by chance! YAY! So many awesome ideas!! I have so many books – nice ideas!!!!

2. Great ideas! Books are probably the only thing I stash more of than fabric, and I can’t wait til the littlest one gets over his paper chewing phase so I can finally do something like this!

3. Wow! What a great collection of ideas for storing books. Thanks for sharing.

4. Britney {Jesse's Girl} says:

We LOVE books at our house! We have wayyy too many of them! I’m loving that second one…the nook with curtains! So dreamy! I also like the idea of books in an old wagon!

5. Pete says:

Fantastic collection! We have a serious kids book problem going on at ours so will be referring back as we get around to sorting it. Seriously though, how rad are display shelves?! Totally the way to be storing kids books.

6. Plenty of good ideas here for anyone trying to decorate around a mountain of reading material!

7. Love this collection! I just finished my own creative book storage solution, but I haven’t had time to take pics yet. Love the bunk-bed style reading areas!

8. I love books and have so many. I pinned this for future reference…but I bet Kelly Clarkson’s house already has accommodations for this (trying to convince hubby that is where we need to move still). Great ideas!

9. Great ideas, the wagon is so cute! <3

fancyco.blogspot.com

10. Ally says:

Oh my gosh the wagon is absolutely adorable!!! You’re right – would they keep it organized? Probably not….
    New follower: me!
    🙂

11. Great collection of ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Visiting from Sunday Scoop Link Party.

12. Joselyn @The DIY Spot says:

I love books! What great inspiration. Thanks so much!

13. Love all the ideas with the books facing front. It’s not the first thought when doing bookshelves. Thank you!
    I’m redoing an area to turn into a craft room and the book storage is the last decision to make.

14. I’m stopping for a visit from Six Sisters’ Stuff today!
    I’m having so much fun visiting the participants of this blog linky party.
    So many wonderful and creative ideas.
    I love the inspirations for wall bookcases.

15. keya says:

this is motivating me to get back into the kid’s rooms and get to work. love all the ideas!

16. The drawer on legs is a great idea. I may copy the nook in the closet idea, too.

17. I would love to have a book nook for my girls but I can’t figure out where to put it.

18. These are all great ideas. I’m a book lover too so I could really use these smart solutions. I would love it if you would share this at the Smart Solutions linky party. You can link up here:

Have a great day!

19. Oh I love these ideas!! We always need more book space in our home.

20. Jessica @ Dear Emmeline says:

Great ideas! Pinned the wagon! It would be perfect for my son’s room (but I would need to find a mini wagon..because his room is tiny)!

21. Bliss says:

Lots of great ideas there, but I gotta pick my fav – the wagon. Too cute.

~Bliss~

22. Oh what fabulous ideas. I love it and most of these would really make the children want to grab a book and read. That’s the best part. Congrats also on your kitchen remodel win. It is fabulous. Hugs, Marty

23. Great collection of ideas, Aimee! I love the rustic shelves. We have our cook books displayed over a door in the kitchen with a sliding ladder.

24. Love all these ideas!